Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MOM! Haven spilled the food!




Poor Nemo, as much as he loves his buddy Haven he tends to freak out when Haven gets worked up and loses his balance. Everyone probably already knows Haven is my bun with severe head tilt. Nemo had severe head tilt too but we were able to improve it to almost nothing. Haven's is permanent. He has been treated with antibiotics for months as well as other meds. I think our furry kid is tired of the meds so I promised him no more unless he goes down hill. I love this little angel. What a happy loving bunny he is.

Haven got all discombobulated when I cleaned his area. His "leaning box" is a heavy trunk with a baby crib bumper around it. It works perfectly for him and helps him when he has bad days. He was trying to make his way around the room and spilled his food, scaring the crap out of poor little Nemo. I put it back as soon as possible.

For those of you with buns with weepy eye problems I just wanted to share a great discovery. We could not get Haven's eyes to stop weeping, no antibiotics worked, no eye drops worked. Chamomile was too drying to his skin. I found something called Eyebright and it is wonderful. I make a tea out of it and apply it to his eyes. They have never looked better. His "down" eye will probably always weep but the tea helps a great deal. If your bun suddenly developes weepy eye they need a vet visit but if you have chronic problems with it, email me and I will share the Eyebright info with you.

Have I mentioned how much I love these furry monsters?

8 comments:

Carmen S. said...

your babies are so precious! I love the idea of the "leaning box", very clever:)

Anonymous said...

Nemo is just ADORABLE in that picture! What a cute little pout on that face. Momma Christina's furry kids are always on her mind and I'm not surprised you came up with this leaning box. And thanks to you Cooper's fur is growing back nicely around his eyes. The Eyebright is a great find! Thank you!

Fez and the Gang said...

Haha! Tattletale! You should have just run over and gobbled it up!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Hooray for eyebright. Bunnies, bunnies, bunnies, they just a a way, or several, about them......

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely photos, I'll try remember the eyebright tip for when we finally get another bunny...

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

Ah, that sweet little Haven! You gotta love a quirky bun! Wonder if the eyebright would help me with my own dark circles? =) Fun photos!
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Carolynn Anctil said...

How blessed those two are to have each and you to care for them so lovingly.

Annette Tait said...

the box is a great idea Christina! and so interesting to hear about eyebright. Glad it has worked, nothing beter than finding a remedy to help your best friends.

Haven is a fighter :) and Nemo is adorable, Haven too ofcourse xx