We judge. We judge all the time. We like to think we don't but we are wrong. I judge people, all the time. I'm human and my personality tends to being harsh towards, and hypercritical of the human race. I tend to like or dismiss people right away. People seldom grow on me. Once in a great while they do but it doesn't happen often. You only have to say 1 wrong thing and I will remember it. I may move on but I never forget. It's not something I particularly like about myself but at 43, I probably won't bother to change.
Facebook is an interesting way to communicate and learn. It isn't for everyone. I love politics and debates and verbal warfare. I can have a hearty debate with people I respect and like and not agree with them. Many people I consider intelligent don't agree with me. (well okay not that many) I have been judged and unfriended many times. I am perfectly fine with that. I actually consider it a badge of honor with a few people. People think they know a lot about a person by what they say and post on Facebook. I have discovered that is only true about half the time.
I do get angry when my friends are judged. Some people I know in "real life" and some I know from the blog world. Some are people I just know from Facebook but have enriched and changed me in lots of ways.I am sure I am thought of as the Crazy Rabbit Lady by some. Others might think of me as a potty mouth liberal bitch who doesn't know anything about life because I never got married or had kids. Maybe it's true, who knows. Some people are even surprised to know I have a job. I guess they think I talk to bunnies all day. (what a great day that would be)
The whole "list x amount of things about yourself people don't know" thing has been popular the last few days. I get a kick out of reading them but by no means do I think I really know someone better because they do or don't like a certain food. Instead of listing all the things about me you don't know, and you people already know plenty, let me tell you about people you just think you know.
There is a man that grew up without love or kindness or tenderness at all. He would never tell you that. He has become so practiced at hiding it behind anger and sarcasm you will dismiss him as an ass and never have a clue about how smart he really is.
There is a woman that grew up in such a violent household that she is afraid to raise her voice. Confrontation scares her. She is in a wonderful relationship but the fear that a hit might come, keeps her in a place of false peace and harmony all the time. I want her to know that her voice matters. That her ideas and opinions are important and that she shouldn't be afraid.
There are people who only live with animals because something so profoundly horrific happened to them, they prefer to stay away from romantic relationships with humans.
There are people who lie about everything and use Facebook as a place to relive their teenage years as adults still seeking out that same silly drama and petty jealously that social media can provide.
There is someone constantly seeking love and approval. I have seen that person judged the most. You might not ever know that that person will drop everything and rush to your side in a crisis. That they are warm and kind and guard that part of themselves fiercely with sarcasm and snarky barbs.
There are people who are just pissed off all the time and have never had a moment of true gratitude in their entire life. I pity those people and avoid them like the plague.I don't know what is the uglier cloak, bitterness or anger.
There are those people that whine continuously about everything. Life is just so hard. Work is just so hard. Everything is terrible and the world is out to get them. God they are a bore.
I could go on and on. I won't.
Oh what the heck. Here are a few things about me you may not know.
1. I make habits quickly.
2. I do not want anyone to speak to me when I wake up until after I have had 2 cups of coffee. I am not chipper when I first wake up.
3. Almost every single day for the last 6 months I have felt like an utter failure at my life.
4. The last time I turned on my TV was Sat, November 9th.
5. I smile at the bunnies all the time.
6. My house is clean. It might be dusty and need painting but you won't find an animal hair anywhere in my kitchen. I vacuum it every single day. If you did find a hair, I would have a panic attack.
7. I wake up with the most phenomenal bed head you have ever seen. I look at my hair every day I get up and chuckle.
8. My car is a pit. Another person could actually move in to my car and I wouldn't notice.
9. I read in the tub. Doesn't matter if I am only in there 5 minutes. I still read a few pages.
10. I am afraid of running out of toilet paper.
Okay, so I feel better. I lost Whoosh the other day. It was shocking and sad and it broke my heart.........again. I fully intend on having my heart broken many times. I would be far more sad and lonesome without all my fur kids around.
It's not Monday but let us have a mantra anyway.
"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death."
Robert Fulghum
Humor keeps us going. I never post when I am sad. I only post when I feel like I have something to say. I am not actually sure I believe that quote but it sounds great.
17 comments:
I believe hugs make the world better.
((Hug))
#10~BIG BIG BIG! I worry about that too and it has to be Cottonelle. Christina I miss you but I been bad about staying in touch. BUT I miss you.. :)
Hi Pix!
I always think about you my friend. We need to catch up via email soon.
On the internet the first thing I remember is that everyone communicating on the I-net is actually a decrepit homeless old person using the computer in the Library in Des Moines, Iowa - until absolutely proven otherwise!
Of course, in your case, I think you are in Oklahoma.
I don't think getting married or having kids has anything to do with knowing anything, there are plenty of those folks who don't really know anything at all. When I think of you Christina, I know you as a wonderful, giving, caring person who is making a huge difference in this world and in the lives of so many furry ones, the world needs lots more of you so don't you go feeling like any kind of failure Missy! I am one to talk though as I feel that way about myself alot too, so much I would have done differently *sigh*
and on the toilet paper issue, stock up during those sales, lol!!!
According to my dad, who loses Facebook friends all the time, people are shit. He has stockpiled weapons and enough ammo to start and finish world war three. He does not like children. Even my children. But if he saw a tadpole or baby bird or even a little goldfish that needed love and help, he would stop the world in it's rotation to make things right.
I heard you referred to as The Bunny Whisperer once by a mutual friend. I cannot think of a better compliment or assessment of a human being than that! And I know all other bunny parents would understand what I mean.
I don't do Facebook anymore. I just didn't get it.
And who is NOT terrified of running out of toilet paper?
Thank you for sharing some tidbits of yourself. It is not always easy.
Facebook: a blessing and a curse. I do like that I get to keep in touch with friends I rarely get to see. I use it primarily to get my daily dose of rabbit and cat photos, photos and information about astronomy and nature, and spinning and weaving information. Most of the time I share silly bun and cat photos because they have made me smile and I know a few people out there who might benefit from a smile, too. I have enough drama in my life, so I try to avoid e-confrontations.
I sometimes think about Robert Fulgham's observations about life. Years ago it struck me that if only 3 of his list of things were adhered to by many of us...human society and the planet would be spectacularly better. The 3 that grabbed me were: Share everything, clean up your own mess and don't hit people (I interpret that last one to mean don't harm any living being). I really do think it would transform everything if those 3 were followed...and the saddest thing is that they really aren't difficult.
Anyway.
As for that number 3 on your list...I hate to tell you this but from my perspective something is askew in your evaluatory process. I recommend you revisit what factors you're basing all that on and do a reboot or something. You are on my list of heroes and I guarantee you that the feeling you are having isn't an accurate one.
I know because JoJo keeps me apprised about everything. :-)
Thank you for looking out for Whoosh and thank you for sharing your home with him.
My car is a pit too.
#2 I have made a note so when you come to visit me I will smile and hand you two cups of coffee before I talk your ear off.
#3 Same, #5 Same, #6 Same, #7 Same, #10 same.
I hate politics. Democrats are too busy kissing ass. Republicans too busy with their heads up their ass. I do find people chatting about them amusing though.
Love that Mantra. Love you. You rock. You're amazing and I'm glad to call you friend.
xx,Shell
Christina, so long since I visited and now Whoosh has gone to greener pastures. So I am sending you love, lots and lots of love :)
those little buns of yours will always make you smile and Whoosh will be watching you smile every day, and Wesley and I will be thinking of you (oh, okay I'll be honest - Wes will most probably be thinking of his oat treats)
I LOVE that quote - and I promise you it is true
love always Annette xxxxx
snuggles and bunny kisses always make things better,Merry Christmas Christina,xx Rachel and Speedy
#3. You know what Clarence said to George Bailey: "No man is a failure who has friends." You have friends all over the country. How I wish we lived closer because we would hang out and I don't talk either until I have a couple of cups of coffee! Most importantly, you are a friend to the animals. I am so sorry about Whoosh. You and I both know how sad it is to lose an animal. Not only Motley, but we recently lost our old horse Doc. (He was 30.) But the joy they bring us is worth it. And when we lose one, that means we have an opening to save another life. No one is a failure who takes care of animals and speaks out for the downtrodden and makes her friends laugh on Facebook. I think you're great and I'm so happy to know you.
But you're going to have to clean that car out.
I feel like a failure, often. Suppose it is when I use the social measurement of children/marriage and in my case a job. But as a poster said previously, no one is a failure that has friends. I believe that. On my blog I used to post if I was sad, mad or happy. No matter. Just record that experience of time, and trust that I would get through. People actually complained that they didn't like to read/see me so sad. I did it anyway. They weren't really so much mad at me, just mad at not being able to "fix" me. You are a very passionate, empathetic person. I really like having that on the list of things I know about you.
I ran out of toilet paper once. Just once. ... you're one of the best people I've ever known. I thank Facebook for bringing us together. I've said it before, I'll say it again ... You're my sister from anudder mudder. I love the hell out of ya.
Ahem, while facebook can be fun...your voice here is missed.
Changing position in our life change everything. Just try to change something in your life... You'll see how fast you'll loose your habits
Post a Comment