Sunday, January 17, 2010

All is well


Several of my wonderful blogging friends emailed me to make sure things were ok because they havent heard from us in a while. All is well, just been covered up with work lately and been car shopping. My car is rapidly turning into a hoopty and its time to think about getting a new (used) one. It is a process I despise but the bunnies insist I do it so I can make sure and get to the store to buy green yummies. Dont worry babies, mom would walk if we needed greens and nana's .


Me and best nephew in the world Jake went to the movies last night. We saw "The Book of Eli" and were completely horrified. I didnt know what it was about when we went in. End of the world type stuff, which I hate. If I want to see depressing crap I will just turn on the news.


Speaking of the news, I have been glued to the TV lately. It always happens to me when there is a disaster. I cant stop watching and it makes me so angry. Its been 7 days now and "they" still cant figure out how to get those folks food, water, and medical care. Everyone stands around talking to reporters about their shitty "promises" and what needs to be done but as usual its the everyday ordinary folks that are working their butts off while "officials" are just yakking yakking yakking. I want to kick someone in the face. Its time to let our military completely take over with running the show for a while. That's when things starting looking up after Katrina. Quit sending the useless "government officials" over there. All your doing is clogging up the friggin airport. French and Swiss rescue teams were on the ground searching for people THE NEXT DAY but some Haitians havent had a drink of water in 7 days. The few doctors are reduced to cutting off arms and legs "Civil War" style. A horrible nightmare they cant wake up from.
My heart goes out to the people of Haiti. I am helpless to offer you anything but my thoughts, my outrage, and a few dollars. It is time that countries around the world put a real disaster plan in place. We should have learned that lesson many years ago. I saw a hand sticking out of the rubble waving for help. I wanted to reach through the tv and grasp that hand, pull that person out and hold them tightly.

10 comments:

Carmen S. said...

It is so very heartbreaking and maddening what is happening in Haiti for sure and I agree with you, get the useless political folks out and let the military get in there and help the people! Good luck with the car shopping:)

Rural Rambler said...

Amen Christina and Carmen C. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Agreed- why don't they come up w/ some kind of protocol before the next (hopefully never) disaster?

RG said...

Good luck with the car .. never a fun thing to do unless you REALLY like driving and trying them out and listening to lots of salesy talk!

That is Nemo - Hi Nemo! Looking good.

Possibly best to have some wait and see what the review of the disaster response is after some time has passed. It's a big mess in a place with few facilities or infrastructure to organize relief.

It's also a soverign nation and sending in military is not exactly straight forward.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

The first night it happened and the news came on, it wasn't even the lead story! They were talking about some kind of a lawsuit Virginia Tech was dealing with. I was like, "Haiti just had an earthquake that was a seven or something on the Richter scale!" I couldn't believe it.

Andrea said...

I completely agree, Christina; we've already talked about it. It's heartbreaking to see how people are finally pulled out of the rubble when later they die an unnecessary death because there are no doctors or even medicine!

Christina said...

I know how tough it must be Rabbits guy. I wish they had learned a lesson after Katrina, again we only respond to human suffering when a large disaster happens, otherwise its often ignorned and when I say "we" I am not talking about the U.S, I am talking about the human race.

Friend of the Animals said...

Go see The Blind Side, it will make you feel better.

Totally agree with what you said about helping Haiti!

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

The whole Haiti situation is indeed a complete cluster-&$%!. I think your idea of their being a disaster-protocal in place is genius. There could be several plans laid out depending on the level of need and the location of said disaster. Here's hoping and praying that the Haitians get the necessary relief ASAP. Too many have died already.
Thank you for a heartfelt post! =)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Carolynn Anctil said...

I hate disaster movies & end of the world movies and horror movies. Why would I want to invite that kind of energy into my life?!? Dee-Press-Ing.

It's also why I DON'T watch the news or read the newspapers.

I can recommend Invictus. I saw that recently and if you want a good laugh, UP, the cartoon is excellent and out on DVD.