

Nemo went to the bridge last night. I have to find more answers in dealing with stasis. Too many bunnies are dying from it and the traditional treatments are not helpful. We did everything for Nemo the vet told us to do. Nemo had a good diet as did Stewart. Something is missing in our information on stasis. There has to be a link or a key to bringing these sillies thru this. If any of you have fought stasis, PLEASE EMAIL me and tell me your story. I want to know your bunnies origins if you know and if your bun was ever diagnosed with E.C. or Pasturella.
I will miss that little boy so much. He was a delight.
19 comments:
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Nemo ((BIG HUGS)) I would like to learn more about stasis myself, our local vets here don't know nearly enough about bunnies.
Christina, I am so sorry, the bus for the bridge has been stopping too often at your house. I think you are right about the stasis, it just shouldn't happen so much, there is something we are missing and the vets just sort of take it for granted that rabbits will get stasis.
Oh dear ....
Dang girl, so sorry to hear that. I can't believe it. Thinking of you.
Oh I'm sorry to hear that, such sad news.
I don't know anything about stasis I'm afraid....
So sorry Christina, sending hugs and kisses to little Haven and a special hug for you xxx
will email you about the stasis, I know a rabbit that pulled thru, little Molly, I blogged about her
christine,,,,heavy heavy sigh. heavy heart too...what an awful weeek this has been for the bunnies. i'll email you too, but there's so much troubleshooting to about it that i don't know what kind of stasis he had...or what it was due to. fur blockage, bloating etc?
i can't tell you how sorry i am, i know this problem, bells gets it all the time. when you are ready to brainstorm please let me know. was he on cisapride at all? that was what dr. quesenberry put bells on when he almost died a couple of years ago. it's an intestine motility drug but hydration is key.
again so very sorry to read this, i can never find the words to make the hug that reaches through the computer...i wish i could.
Christina, dang I am just seeing this. I am so sorry, too much heartache for you. Dang. I am thinking of you.
I am so sorry about your darling Nemo.
I'm so sorry, Christina. You did amazing work with Nemo and gave him a good life that would've otherwise been denied him. He knew how lucky he was to have you.
Binky free, little Nemo! You are loved.
Christina...I am so sorry to read about Nemo! I hope you are doing as well as can be expected and just want you to know that I wholeheartedly admire your dedication to these little bunnies.
Stay well.
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com
Hi Christina ~ I'm so sorry to hear about Nemo. Reading your post this morning was a shock. These little babies are so sensitive. I know you did everything you could for him. Did your vet try the B-12 injection (Bully had that when she had a run-in with stasis). I don't know if that was what brought her out of it or not, but something to look into? I'm so sorry Christina, my heart goes out to you.
Aw, I am so sorry to hear that you lost Nemo! I know how sad you must feel because your bunnies are just like family members. I hope you can figure it out so none of the other bunnies get stasis. You are an excellent bunny keeper and I know you did your best.
Dear blogging friends of Christina,
I've been reading all these loving messages you've sent her and just had to say how touched I am by your sensitivity and kindness. No wonder she likes you all so much. As you already know,Christina's heart is pulled to the special needs bunnies. Not everyone has the ability to put aside the likelihood that they may not live long and take them in anyway, but Christina does. She loves them deeply, and when they leave she suffers so. I believe she will always be this way, and will always be looking for ways to make bunnies' lives better. The loving support you have given her helps her in her mission.
Jeannie
Oh, Christina, I'm so sorry. Nemo was such an adorable fellow and I can see that he was uniquely lovable. There are no words strong enough to express my sadness for you and his bunny friends.
Big Healing Hug,
Carolynn
Oh I am so so sorry about Nemo...he looked like such a sweet and wonderful little soul.
We have had quite alot of experience with g.i. stasus and I will indeed email you about our experiences over the next few days.
A few months ago our beautiful bunny Hazel died from Pasturella, or what we think was pasturella...so I'll write to you about that as well.
I just found out about Nemo.. I'm so so sorry Christine. He was a special little guy and he had a wonderful life with you. I'll tell Hans to look out for Nemo at the Bridge.. the boys will have an awesome time together til we see them again.
I understand all rabbits test positive for pasturella. It's something they carry like we all carry RA. Hit them hard with Ivomec Solution. You can stop the head tilt on most. Helped my daughter's Harlequin however didn't work on a Holland Lop Buck.
For Ivomec it's 1/10cc per lb when used for worming. To hit it hard you need to double that!
Oh I am so so sorry. I know how heartbreaking it is when a little light goes out. Hugs.
Post a Comment