Monday, February 1, 2010

We Thank You Dear Friends


Thank you so much for your comments, emails and phone calls. It helps so much and keeps us strong. Seeing happy buns (and kitties and doggies too) on other blogs makes us smile. Some of you have had recent sorrow too and were still lifting us up. We are honored to know you and to have you visit our blog. Once again, The Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge
inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.
For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.
The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I love this picture of Haven! What a doll he is. Great picture Christina.

Carmen S. said...

I love the Rainbow bridge poem and tear up everytime I read it, it gives such hope to those of us who dearly love our furry friends. I so hope all your wonderful memories of Nemo are giving you the strength to get through this sad time, hugs to you, Carmen

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

Would you believe I've actually never read the Rainbow Bridge poem? Man, that was a tearjerker, but a completely beautiful sentiment. I'm still so sorry for your loss and hope you are doing as well as you can right now.
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Alice said...

dear christina, i never knew this was a poem. i always thought it was just a bunny saying, you've shed a whole new 'light' for me with this and even though the tears are streaming i am very grateful for having read it. as above so below sweet buns, can't wait to see you all again.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Aw, look at him cuddling with the stuffed dog.

Friend of the Animals said...

Still thinking of you. Hope you are doing okay.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

No matter how many times I read this poem, it still chokes me up. So many of our beloved animals have gone over the bridge, but I just know they are waiting for us! Can't wait to see them all again. :)

Rural Rambler said...

Christina I have always loved this and everytime and as I read it today I feel some peace about my Country Cat. Thank You.

Missouri Gal said...

I used to have Holland Lops. And I know how hard it is to lose them! Bunnies are the sweetest things! I had a buck that used to make a frog noise at me. He was my snuggle bunny, loved to be held and petted. He passed away and I miss him very much!

Anonymous said...

I can never make it through that poem without crying. And it really does help. My sister and I often joke about the collection of animals my brother and his partner are watching for us at the bridge- especially the variety they've been getting from me lately. At least we know they are all in good company.