Since when do I get the title "wildlife person." Bunnies do not qualify as wildlife.
Most of you readers that have been here for some time know about my coworker Torri. The girl is a hoot and still says things that make my jaw drop. (I know, can you imagine) Methinks we need a little funny today.
I am working away in my area and Torri walks in. She leans over me and whispers "there is a cat in the bathroom ceiling." I asked her to repeat it and she yells at me (just in case I am deaf) "THERE IS A CAT IN THE BATHROOM CEILING AND YOU ARE THE WILDLIFE PERSON"......Hmmmm, I guess cats are wildlife now too.
I trudge off to the bathroom. We stand and listen. I cant hear anything. Torri swears up and down that she was just in there and could hear a cat meowing loud. I climb up on the toilet to get as close to the vents as possible. I listen, I say "kitty kitty" and then I start meowing myself. I have to wonder at the look on someones face if they walk in and catch us.
Fifteen minutes go by, I don't hear a thing, nothing. I wander back to my area and my other coworker Sean is silently working away. I asked him if he has been in the bathroom lately. Yep he has. So of course I ask if he heard a cat in the ceiling. He is behind me so I haven't looked at his face yet. I turn and look at him. He is beet red and laughing his butt off.
Turns out he has some kind of game on his phone that has cats on it. I guess the sound carries pretty well between the bathroom walls. I text Torri to come over and start up a conversation. At just the right time Sean lets go with the cat game.
I had to laugh at Torri. "SEE!" " I told you there was a cat in the ceiling"
Sean has stopped buying me donuts. The demon spawn coworker quit. Oh happy day but I still need those donuts.
Most of you know from Facebook that I had my appendix out July 4th. I have a lot of funny to share from that drama. Like when I met my surgeon he was bleeding.

9 comments:
I needed this today. Thanks for the laugh...can't wait to hear about what happened on the way to the hospital.
Surgery stories - can't wait. (Glad you are fine.)
When I had a shoulder operation BL and the Doctor, while he was visiting me just before I got put under, went through the entire Julia Child parody from SNL where she cuts herself all up bad from carving a chicken ... it was very encouraging.
Hehehe...Glad your ok can't wait to hear the other storys
OH MY,LOL!!!!! I am still amazed by some of the ringtones some folks have on their phones which go off very loudly in public places! I was visiting the kids when you had your appendix out and just caught bits & pieces on fb, so glad you are OK and I did NOT hear about your bleeding surgeon:O Have a wonderful day and thanks for the smiles today;)
What?!!!!!!! Your appendix!!! The things I miss by not reading the Bookity Book. You seem to have recovered well what with climbing on toidies and all to check on a kitty that needed help possibly. Glad you are ok Christina!
None of the fun details are on FB anyway folks. I didnt post about having my appexdix out but it did get talked about. "Sigh"
Classic story!!!! I'm having a good giggle at this. Thanks for sharing :-D
Giggling.
The sort of thing one of the guys at the archaeological museum used to like to do.
I'm so glad I waited a week to read this ... I needed a laugh today! Thanks, Friend!
Post a Comment