| Heartland's newest residents. |
| Nina inspects the goods |
| Never seen this person before |
| Ignore my expression. I was cold, wet and exhausted. |
| Our charming home away from home. |
Amy Patterson has been a facebook friend forever. We talk daily and have chatted on the phone too. She lives up Missouri way and works/runs https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colars/293981707289603?fref=ts a low cost spay/neuter program. She is a terrific lady and came down to spend the weekend with us. A wonderful time was had by all. Lots of eating and drinking and carrying on. It was a pleasure to finally meet her in person.
Our little two story cottage was so charming. That is the place I will stay again and again.
I got a fun package in the mail yesterday. My friend Annette from http://dragonhouseofyuen.blogspot.com sent me a lovely bunch of treasures. I won a magnet from her blog give-a-way but Annette never sends just one thing. The package was filled with little notes from her, sweet note cards, bunny treats and a gift for Nina. You will notice that the bunny cookies aren't in the picture. I shared them with the bunnies and they loved them. I was saving some for later but somebun raided the package and helped herself. I will let you guess who that was but she did have a partner in crime. Thank you so much Annette.
My friend Michelle from http://theraspberryrabbits.blogspot.com sent me a lovely bunny clip. It is beautiful. I don't have a pic because it's hanging on my desk at work. Shoot! I should have taken a photo. Thank you Michelle. You forever brighten my day.
I also received a bunny calender from my spunky friend Jade over at http://zenofbun.blogspot.com It features the handsome Mr. Mick of course. Thank you Jade. It hangs in my kitchen and I enjoy every morning while I have my coffee.
All the buns are doing great and Nina is just dandy. She is still completely intimidated by the bunnies. Misti was a little polite earlier this evening and allowed Nina to get close and check her out a bit. Nina just stares at them and then looks at me. They puzzle her. She is such a sweet girl that just wants to snuggle and give kisses.
My nephew Jakob did a great job taking care of the bunnies, brother and Nina while I was gone. I owe him big time for allowing me to have that weekend.
I am off to read all of your blogs! I hope everyone has a Happy Easter and just a quick reminder that baby animals are not toys. Please make yours a chocolate or stuffed bunny instead of a live one. The bunnies and chicks and ducklings will thank you for it.
Oh what the heck. Let's have a Monday Mantra too!
The remarkable position in which we find ourselves is that we don't actually know what we actually know.
Bill Bryson
14 comments:
Jeannie taking care of baby duckies at this time of year is fitting. All she needs is are a few baby cluck-clucks (chicks) and she would have the Easter triumvirate of toss-away temporary gift pets.
The duckies are so floofykyoot. They would bring out the Elmyra Duff in me!
You have indeed been super busy! Glad you got a chance to get away and play for a bit. Everybun needs that.
Hugs!
Heartland's newest residents? Feather people? :-)
You've been busy busy...glad you're back, fingers xed re the refinancing. :-)
Nice to get an update and see you Christina! That is a big change in the work situation! Your weekend away sounds wonderful.. :)
You have been a busy gal and looks like you got some nice goodies! So glad you got that fun weekend away and it's wonderful you have such a great "bunn-sitter"! Have a wonderful day!
what a lovely cottage! so glad you had a great weekend with your pal Christina! and wonderful that you got such nice things in the mail (glad the treats went down a treat :)
Annette and Wes xx
Sweet! I had a ducking once, so cute. But the dog didn't like it so we had to give it away (the duck, not the dog, although it was a toss up!)
Hi Christina,that was a action packed post and a great way for us to catch up,missed you lots,xx Speedy and Rachel
I'm glad you had the wisdom to take yourself away for a little holiday and have some fun. Good luck with the refinancing - that's always stressful.
That sounded and looked like fun! (Now back to work!)
just kidding ...
Yes, busy, busy. Good that you had some time to relax and enjoy good company. Now about that "eating, drinking, and carrying on..."
Also, good mantra.
A weekend retreat is always a great way to recharge the batteries. Would love to go on one sometime (and yes, I know I was just on a vacation, but that's altogether different). :)
It was so lovely meeting you in person. You've been one of my very favorite peeps ever since we first got acquainted ... a kindred spirit in so many ways! Bless you, the Buns, Nina and Jakob!
Is the second shift the afternoon? That would be hard for me. I'm either a night person (11 to 7 shift) or morning person. That middle shift would be tough.
Those ducks are adorable. I've always wanted ducks. Some day we'll get more animals....
Post a Comment