Monday, July 11, 2011

Final Words From Haven

I love you all dear friends. Your kind words are so touching to Mom. She avoided blogging about the worst parts of my illness for a long time. Just a few days before I left, Mom decided to stop fretting and worrying about my "time" . It was prophetic.


My last few weeks I could no longer stand. I couldn't pee anymore and had bad bladder sludge. My privates were infected and I had a tumor growing in my throat. Antibiotics were no longer working and the fluids and pain meds were really just keeping me here. I continued to eat all my food and enjoy attention without complaint. On Friday morning Mom knew I couldn't stand it anymore and she called the vet.


It was a very quick exit. Mom held me tight and whispered love in my ear. Then all the pain disappeared in a breath and there was just peace.


Thank you all so much for caring about me, for cheering me on and for your words of love. My earth body is gone and my spirit is in the Summer lands now. I am with Nemo, Stewart, Oscar kitty and a Good Dog named Moe that Mom had many years ago. He watches over all of us.


In my previous life I was lucky enough to be loved and in this life I am HEALTHY AND FREE!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's Speed, Haven! Now you can run and frolic with those who went before you.
Steph

Carmen S. said...

Your loving momma knew the time had come, I wish I could give her a (((((BIG HUG))))) because I know it is a hard thing to let go of our furry loves..maybe you will meet up with my "Fudgey" there at the bridge, he's a big red satin and you two can run and play:)

The Fab Furs said...

Enjoy the Summer lands, Haven! You deserve them!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You were so lucky to have a human mom who would rather be sad at your parting than make you stay here in pain. Binky free with your friends, Haven. We will all meet again.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh Haven, it's good your Mom knew it was time for you to go. Enjoy meeting up again with all your old friends...

veganelder said...

Keep your thumper dry, Haven.

Annette Tait said...

you did well Haven and so did your mum :)
enjoy your Summer lands xxx

Lisa said...

Haven was such a special boy, and though I never met him I don't think I will ever forget him. I think he taught us all a lot about compassion, trust, and affection in the face of adversity.

You did the right thing, Christina. Our hearts go out to you.

Carolynn Anctil said...

My one painful regret in life has been asking my companion animsls to stay too long. It's just too hard to say good-bye.

Damn. Now I'm crying again.

Much love,
Carolynn

bunnits said...

Dear Sweet Haven, enjoy the wonderful meadows over the Bridge. You are there with all your beloved furry friends and ours. Binky free, Haven.



wv: "flyou" Yes, little Haven, fly free.

Natascha said...

So sorry for you loss but he is happily hopping along now with no pain, only bunny happiness!

nick said...

Awe, what a sweet little fellow. But I can help noticing how close Haven is to Heaven

Christina said...

I figure he is as close to Heaven as I'm gonna get Nick.

veganelder said...

I ache for your loss, I cheer for Haven's peace.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

You were a wonderful bunny mommy. Haven was lucky to have such love. I know you'll miss him. Heck, I'll miss him!

Pat Wahler said...

I'm sure Haven is now romping free at the Rainbow Bridge.

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com