Meet Mr. Bojangles. He is an elder man I have taken a shine too. He lives at Triple O Equine Sanctuary in Oklahoma. You can visit them here....http://www.tripleoranchequinesanctuary.org/
Bo turned 32 this year. These folks have my utmost admiration. The plight of horses is inexcusable.

13 comments:
Christina don't even get me started on the abuse of horses. I am glad you have taken a shine to this elderly gentleman! Gonna click on your link...
Good Morning!
What a sweet looking older gentleman:) Sounds like they do awesome things there!
He's a beauty,can't abide neglect of any kind towards any animal,so any rescue is to be praised for their work
Yes Pix and the answer is to eat them? Makes me so ill and angry.
All rescues should be praised...you are right about that Speedy. Horse rescue is very expensive and Triple O has lots more rescues besides horses too.
Hard to beat that name. :-)
He's beautiful...simply beautiful.
Make mine chocolate. We had horses once. Daily work - they can't be left alone except in a good pasture - and they eat a LOT! Bless the rescuers ...
Does he dance for tips?
In worn out shoes?
Thanks for bringing him and the rescue to woot attention.
Hugs x
Oh my - great Jerry Jeff Walker and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band memories - right up there in age with Mr. Bo J.!
Love me some oldie horses :) Our place would never be the same without our Phoenix.
A handsome elder gentleman. So glad he has a good home. My sweet old horse that I got for my seventh birthday when he was just a 2-year old lived for another 23 years. Natural causes. I was so happy that the folks where we boarded him just let him live out his life there.
I have an acquaintance who claims to love animals, yet is in favor of the horse-slaughter business because she thinks it's better than letting the horses starve to death. Trading one evil for another is not the answer. I so admire Triple O!
I really wish people wouldnt swallow that kool aid Amy. Horse slaughter will NOT save starving horses. It will create a booming breeding industry in which thousand of them will be fattened up to go to slaughter. People dont eat starving animals, they eat fat healthy ones.
Post a Comment