A lot of you already know that I lost my dear mother a week ago. I will blog more about her later. It will be therapeutic but not now. Its not time yet.
My mom's favorite little bunnies at Heartland were/are Sampson and Jack. I decided to honor her by bringing them home with me. A couple of years ago Sam and Jack's mom had to bring them to Heartland. Their mom was very ill and could not take care of them any longer. I remember how frail she looked when she brought them and imagined how I would feel if I were in her shoes. Giving up my babies is something I cant even comprehend. I will take care of them now. They have helped lighten my sorrow just a bit. Sammycakes is curious about everything and follows me all over. Jack is still a bit of a fraidy but we will work on it. Sampson has a very intense gaze and looks intently into your eyes. They are both very small little buns. Welcome to my home boys. I will love you forever.
A big thanks to Rabbits Guy and Bunny Lady. I won the garlic braid contest and just received my prize in the mail. I love me some garlic and will get a lot of use out of it. Thank you so much for that and the yummy bunny treats and sweet postcard they included also. You can visit The House of Rabbits here http://houseofrabbits.blogspot.com/
Thank you all for your emails and comments. I will make it through. Life is a carousel and keeps going around and around. New people get on and others get off. I will miss my mama like crazy.
I look forward to catching up with all of you very soon. So many things still left to do.




22 comments:
Peace to you, Christina. You and your new friends will be a big help to each other during this time of change.
*hugs* from me and Mr. Mick sends nose bonks and bunny kisses.
Love the pic of Sammy and Jack peeking out from their hideyholes. Too flippin' cute!
I am feeling your pain, to lose a mom is really indescribable and I would understand if you never could articulate it.
As for Sampson and Jack, ou are everybun's dream mum. I think you would live in a tent before you gave up on your furbabies. Take care of them and let them take care of you. ♥♥♥
Rest in Peace, Christina's Momma. You raised a wonderful young woman, that I'm proud to have as a friend. (Even if she does have questionable taste in football teams... ;-) ) Many thoughts and virtual hugs to you and the grandbunnies, Christina...you remain in my thoughts. *hugs*
Glad the goods got there - enjoy! Good to have those new friends I bet.
Take care.
Lots of love and hugs to you and your family. What a super way to honor your mom, I just love that idea. Glad you got the garlic! I didn't participate in the contest, I wouldn't know what to do with it.
Sorry to hear about your Mum.
Lovely bunny photos...
I didn't know Christina! I am so sorry. I have a sweet memory of your Mom sneaking treats to the buns that you mentioned a few times. Great big hugs for you. A perfect way for you to honor your Mom. Am I going to have to open a dang FB account to stay up with you?
I wont be on FB as much either anymore Pix....too much to do now. You will probably see more on the blogs from me.
One of the quiet pleasures of knowing the Heartland buns is seeing them get to go to homes where they will be cared for and looked after. No matter how hard the Heartland folks try...giving individual and persistent attention to each of so many bunnies is very difficult. There is a warm happiness associated with each bunny that goes to live with those who will recognize and value them. Such is the case for Jack and Sammy. We are sorrowful for your loss that occasioned their coming to your home and we are very happy for them....and for the joy they will bring you.
Our condolences and our thanks to you. I know Sammy is soaking up the attention and care...and old Jack will get there. :-)
I am so glad you thought to bring home Sammy and Jack to bring you some comfort. I thnk your mom would be thrilled to see. So sad about their mom, as well. Glad you found each other regardless of the circumstances.
I've often thought of that myself what if something happened and I couldn't keep my furry ones, one of my worst fears, I'm so glad they found a place in your home Christina and I hope they bring you lots of happiness as you deal with the loss of your mother, been thinking about you alot, wish there was something I could say or do but we all know only time can heal. I love the carousel theory and it's so true, some ride for a long time and some for only a short time, I'm glad you had your mama for a long time:)
Bless you for giving Sampson & Jack the best forever home they could possibly wish for. Your momma would be so proud of the lovely lady she raised so well. You looked so much like your mother in the picture of you two. She was a beautiful woman, Christina.....soothing & calming thoughts & prayers for you & your family & bunny hugs from my SweetPea & Sammie. We are proud to be riding on your carasol.....
what a wonderful thing to do welcome to your new family members.Speedy says's to tell that he's sending you super sized Speedy snuggles to you and your family and fur Family we love you lots Speedy and Mum
Such a beautiful thing to do to honor your mom. I can't think of a better way to help a breaking heart than to give it to ones that need it. Tears....just tears.
Light, love and friends.
I think you've chosen a lovely way to honour your mom, in the spirit of love. Those little bunnies must be so happy!
welcome to Samson and Jack, what a beautiful thing to do Christina, your mum will be smiling :)
I hope you get lots of comfort with all their endless love and that you remember your mum with a loving smile every day.
love always, Annette and Wesley xxx
Christina, you have a big heart and some lucky bunnies.
I am very sorry to hear about your mother. I know it is very hard to lose a parent.
So sorry to hear about your mother. The buns and I are sending hugs to you all.
Furry spirits are the best healing medicine we'll ever find. But you didn't just save 2 bunny lives ... you saved 4. Sam and Jack plus the 2 bunnies you made room for by taking them home. Your Mum done good!!! I love you, my friend!
What a good deed you have done in honor of your mother! I'm sure she would love it. I know how much you're going to miss her. You have a long road ahead of you. You will always miss her. But I promise you it gets better. You will find ways to keep her alive by doing things that she would be proud of, and she will live through you, the beautiful woman she created who not only saves the lives of bunnies, but touches the life of everyone who is lucky enough to cross her path. Reach out and ring that bell on the carousel! Your mom would want that.
Post a Comment