Friday, May 24, 2013

A hot mess of a rabbit and a beautiful prize.

Corky
 
 
 
I will huff and puff and blow this house down
 
 
 
Jingle

Of course there is no way I am not going to tell you about The Corkster a.k.a Corkenstern, The Night Watchman, Stink Pot. I have never seen such fire! Such thumping! Such attitude!

The moment I saw those cheeks I was lost. I can't take another bunny. I shouldn't take another bunny. Maybe I could find room for another bunny. The playpen I ordered is just because it was on sale. I had visions of Corkensterns dancing in my head.

The Sophie happened and Corky was put on hold for a bit. I had to bring him home. I just hadta. Corky is 2lbs of furious Taz bunny. He picks fights, he throws his food and water bowls around, he grunts and growls and thumps about everything. *sigh* I just love him to pieces. The other bunnies HATE him. He makes Whoosh angry. He mocks Whoosh's hair and Whoosh calls him Little Bit. They fight through the playpen when one is out and the other is not. Corky also has a crush on Mojo. He admires her beauty. Duds does not like that at all. Collectively, they are The Dirty Dozen.

I received the most wonderful gift the other day. My kind and lovely friend Michelle at http://theraspberryrabbits.blogspot.com/
had a Jingle made especially for me. It is beautifully crafted, one of a kind and even the packaging was done with care and creativity. I will treasure it always. Thank you so much Michelle. You always seem to know when I need a lift. It is either a lovely card, sweet words or something truly original like Jingle. I love you my friend.

Anita is the lady that made my Jingle. She too has a blog that I would encourage you to visit. I have enjoyed reading through it very much. You can find her at
 http://wwwcastlescrownscottages.blogspot.com/

Thank you very much Anita. I love my Jingle.

I am sure you all know by now about the terrible tornadoes that struck several of my neighboring towns. We are safe, Heartland is safe and so are our loved ones. My heart breaks for those that lost family, particularly their children. I think of them daily. A coworker's mother lost her home and another coworker lost hers as well. All of their family is safe including their fur kids. I am very grateful for what I have. I will remind myself of that a little more often.

Heartland has taken in 1 bunny from the storm. She had some cuts and paid a visit to the vet. I will keep you posted but so far, nobody has claimed her.
Stay safe friends. This weather is causing problems all over the country.

13 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

I love Corky he's fabulous!my lat to bunns had attitdude even Speedy does sometimes nothing like a bun with attitude!woohoo!I love Michelle she's great for doing things like that,love her to bits.that jingle is great!
Its good to hear that you and Heartland are ok but it is so sad about those that were hit,weather can be so savage sometimes,this is why I believe that we have to make the most of what life throughs our way as its far to short,xx Rachel

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

He had me at the cheeks too. I bet he is a total character to watch. I know I would be laughing a lot with his antics.

Glad Jingle could bring you a smile. You are very special and deserve something made with love. Anita is truly a lovely lady.

Hugs and stay safe. Friends always help each other weather the storms.

Along These Lines ... said...

Like the name "Stink Pot." Have a cat we may have to rename!

veganelder said...

Corky...ah well...he was sent to help you exercise your bunny comprehension and acceptance muscles. :-)

Carmen S. said...

I love your little spitfire too and those cheeks, OH MY♥ What a lovely gift you got, very beautiful and I know you will treasure it always:) My thoughts have been in OK alot, I watch the news coverage and my heart just breaks, so many heroes like the teacher who saved her students just touch my heart, things like this really do make us be thankful for what we have and realize how quickly it can all be taken away.

Anonymous said...

The Dirty Dozen! The Lucky Dozen since they are with you.. :)

RG said...

Big breaths. Hard times for many. Snuggle a bunny!

Little Miss Titch said...

As good as my word I've just done a new post on my crafting blog and I said I would let you know when I did anothe post,xx Rachel

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Don't feel like blogging?

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

It just occurred to me that I should clarify, I didn't say that because I didn't like your post! It's just been a month since you put it up. I love your writing.

Christina said...

Deb I didn't have internet for 2 weeks so...

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh, that's right.

bunnits said...

What a handsome bun. How could you resist that one? You do have your work cut out for you, but he couldn't be in better hands.
I have taken "problem" buns several times. They don't always become theist sociable of the group, but I love them just the same.