Monday, July 12, 2010

And Babies Make Three

Silly Toots!

Feet Feet Feet!

Toofers already

Hey get me out of here. These kids are driving me crazy.


Isnt she gorgeous?

While Heartland is over capacity as usual. (Actually, I dont even know what the capacity is) A lovely lady found this beautiful girl bun just about dead in her yard. Lucy Lou had been chased to exhaustion and was on the brink when said lady rushed outside and picked her up. She contacted Heartland about this darling delicate girl. There was some discussion because Lucy Lou has the look of a "wild" bun but it is highly doubtful. She was very friendly to people and just bone skinny when she arrived. We didnt know she had a surprised planned for us.

I visited Heartland on a Monday and met Miss Lucy Lou. Tuesday morning she greeted us with twins. This momma had no fat on her body. Every ounce of nutrition she was able to scrounge went straight to her babies. They are healthy and round and full of attitude at less than 2 weeks old. We will put some weight on momma and get her and the babies spayed/neutered when the time is right. Just look at these toots!

Dont abandon your animals to the wild. It is a much more horrific fate than the animal shelter. At least at the shelter they have a tiny chance. When a domestic animal is tossed into the wild, they are subject to predators, disease, starvation, traffic, and weather.

17 comments:

veganelder said...

If the two babies have half the qualities that their excellent mom does they will be superstars indeed.

Carmen S. said...

I can't even begin to tell you how full of RAGE I get over people that abandon, there was a litter of puppies found along a back road stuffed in a beer box here not too long ago, what the hell is wrong with people?!!! Anyway, she is a beauty and those babies are just precious, so thankful the lady was able to rescue her:)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

She is beautiful and so clever to be found by the right sort of person. And those babies!!!! so sweet.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Those babies are just adorable! Poor Miss Lucy, though, to have to go through all that. Lucky girl to have found her way to good people who wanted to help.

Lisa said...

Mom is beautiful and the babies are too cute!! I love baby bunnies!!!!

Carolynn Anctil said...

What a blessing Lou Lou wound up at your place. Poor little mama. Imagine running for your life, with a belly full of babies. She's a survivor, this one. I can just tell.

And, I KNEW I shouldn't have clicked on here with that title as a warning. Those little critters are too cute for words. Makes me want to have several and then sit with them and do nothing at all but admire them. Ever again.

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

Oh. My. God. I can barely resist those furry little baby feet and protruding mouth chiclets. And that mama is a survivor. What a beautiful little family story.
:)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Andrea said...

Momma and babies are just beautiful!!!!! It makes me want to take the next flight to Oklahoma, but for now, just looking at momma's delicate little face and those cute baby feet makes me HAPPY!!! Thanks so much for posting the pictures.

The Urban Cowboy said...

I feel for Lucy Lou, and other animals that are abandoned. I will never understand how a person could do such things. And wow, her little twins are freaking small!

Friend of the Animals said...

I am in love with all 3! I'm so glad someone found her.

Rural Rambler said...

Oh my! Very cute baby buns. And that Mama! Dang what is it with people? Glad she is in great hands now with a good future!

Crafty Green Poet said...

I hate when people abandon pets, its such a heartless thing to do.

Photos 2 & 3 are adorable, look at those feet!

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

OH!!!!! What little cutie pies!!! Arghhh...can't resist those little ones. And mama is precious, poor baby. So glad there is Heartland, and you, and all of the other volunteers!

RG said...

Oh boy - babies! Who can resist. Good for guys like you-all to take them in and give them a chance.

laughingwolf said...

too cute, alla dem buns!

Annette Tait said...

she is a stunner Christina! and her babies are precious!
I hope that she finds a loving home with her babies, who could not resist taking the family of three?
(how many miles are there between us :)

Christina said...

Long way away Annette. The babies will be grown by the time you arrive. LOL