Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sunday Is Just For Funday



Electricity is really just organized lightning.
George Carlin



(Carlin will always be one of my favorite comics)







I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Lily Tomlin






Why slap them on the wrist with a feather when you can belt them over the head with a sledgehammer.
Katharine Hepburn


(The grandest dame I have ever seen in movies)







I posted this question a very long time ago but lets see who wants to play: If you could spend an evening with 5 dead people, who would they be? 1 person at a time, the whole evening. I dont choose family members because I believe I will be with them again someday. Who would you choose????????????


Me:


Lewis and Clark (I am counting them as one)


Edgar Allan Poe


Lee Harvey Oswald


Geronimo


Jimmy Stewart


My list is exactly the same as it was 10 years ago when someone first asked me! What's your list look like?










"You are getting very sleepy!"


9 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Good selection of quotes and i like the question too, I'll need to think about my answer...

Carmen S. said...

That is a TOUGH question, and even though I believe in the family reunion as well I would still love to spend some time with certain ones before then:) Love the quotes!

Deb Cushman said...

Freckles' Five:
Peter Rabbit
Little Bunny Foo Foo
Hazel (from Watership Down)
The White Rabbit (from Alice in Wonderland)
Clyde (our first rabbit)

Deb's Five:
Agatha Christie
Charles Dickens
Isaac Asimov
William Shakespeare
Emily Dickenson

Christina said...

Great lists Freckles and Deb. Deb if I could have a 6th on my list it would be Dickens. Of all the classic writers he is my favorite. I just have really strong urges to pick Poe's brain. Of all the lists I have seen, you are the only person to choose Asimov. That's awesome!

RG said...

John Wesley Powell
Thomas Jefferson
Frederick Olmstead
Mark Twain
Great Great Grandpa

Christina said...

Good List Rabbits Guy! I am a Twain fan too.

Rural Rambler said...

Hmmmm, I need to think a bit and come back :)

veganelder said...

Chief Seattle
Murlon Dye (a wise man I knew)
Lewis Gompertz
Eleanor Roosevelt
Chief Joseph

Actually, there are many more than 5 that I would like to have the opportunity to spend an evening with.....

Christina said...

Good List veganelder. I would like a lot more than 5 too but the point is to limit it a bit.