Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Signals


Okay the bunnies dont really match the rest but they are soooo cute.
Not a great picture. My baby's breath wasnt as full as usual this year. Phlox always does well.

How in the heck did the Robin's egg get in the bird bath? I assume it was another bird? Some sort of furry? Who knows.......



We need rain desperately. The fires worry me to death. Everytime I see someone casually flick their burning cigarette out the window I could SCREAM!


I put my hands in the dirt again today. God, it is one of the few things that really makes me feel human. Every time I head to my local nursery, I make a beeline for the "dead" plant clearance rack. I havent lost a patient yet. Some water, the right light and a bit of food and my beauties are back on track in no time. Expect lots of yard photos. (not of the best quality, I am NOT a good photographer) You can sorta see my big pine in the front. Tree people keep stopping by to tell me about the pine bark beetle and that my tree needs to be removed. I cant do it at the moment. I am very sentimental about my trees. I am planting a few seeds this year. Normally I hate messing with seeds but I will give it a go. I am planting Poppy, Delphiniums, Batchelor Button, Cleome (sp?) and Canterburry Bells. I will wait patiently for them to appear.




What I love about this time of year:

Everything wakes up

Hummingbirds come back

Fat bumble bees bzzzzzzzzz

Reading on the patio late into the night on weekends

Flowers, flowers, flowers.

Robins

My mean ass Mockingbird, we call her the yard boss

Fat toads

Butterflies zipping from bloom to bloom

9 comments:

Annette Tait said...

Haven and Mille are looking very content in your spring blooms ;)
sending love to them :)
and goodness me, such a green finger you are! well done!

RG said...

Springs' a'comin!

Get your legislature to pass a STIFF law about littering, especially ciggy butts, lit or not.

Christina said...

RG-Ok has the laws, they have a hotline too and Cigs are considered litter, lit or unlit. When I can get the plate number I will turn them in in a heartbeat.

Lisa Alto said...

Lovely post, and spring is my favourite time of year! Your garden is going to be amazing! Good luck with the seeds (I'm sure the bunnies will help!)

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'm intrigued by the robin's egg!

veganelder said...

It is nice when all the absent living things return, isn't it?

Christina said...

It surely is VE. Makes me happy.

CGP-It is for sure.

Rural Rambler said...

Your yard looks beautiful! Grass all freshly mowed, Phlox all happy in the sun. I love what you love about this time of year. The only thing I would have to add is that I love it when CH grills a cheeseburgah and we eat dinner under The Oaks. Your picture looks like our May. Enjoy your Sunday Christina! "The wind is whippin' like a mother!" Quote courtesy of Debi at Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country. Debi I didn't think you would mind, I have wanted to use that since I saw it on your blog.

Christina said...

Itsawhippin here too Pix. I love about everything cooked on the grill. New potatos with fresh rosemary! That's my favorite.