Sunday, April 3, 2011

We Made It Baby!




Two years folks! Another milestone for Haven. I took Haven home from the hospital warren two years ago this month.


I thought he would live 3 months


Then I thought we might make it a year


Maybe a year and a half?


No, I wasnt taking bets and it wasnt a game. This boy has been through it. We thought we were losing him many times. Pneumonia 3 times, one bad bout of stasis, weepy eyes almost constantly, then one of his back legs gave out. This poor baby has had to endure more medication, poking around and shots than anybun should. He lost his two best friends within 3 months of each other and picked up a new chick that kisses him raw. Through it all he remained happy, sweet, always ready for attention, had the biggest appetite I have ever seen in a bun, that includes wanting a bite of whatever you are having no matter what it is. As long as he is willing to keep trying, we will keep trying. Lets shoot for another year, shall we?


I love you Haven Boo, with all my heart. Oh, the things you have taught me.

17 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Congratulations Haven, you're a star!

Carmen S. said...

That's awesome! its amazing what love and TLC can do:)

Carolynn Anctil said...

I love you too, Haven. You steal my heart. I'm not at all surprised that you're thriving with Christine and all your bunny friends. So much love. Happy Two Year Anniversary, Sweetie! *smooch*

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you're hanging in there Haven!

Lisa said...

Happy Gotcha Day Haven baby! I feel similar to Carolynn. I've always felt so darn fond of Haven, even though I've never actually met him. He just really seems like the greatest, strongest, most persevering bunny I've ever known. Nobunny deserves the life Haven has finally found more than Haven does. And he and the Chick look adorable in the pic below.

Rural Rambler said...

Awww Haven you are a sweetie! Well heck yeah shoot for another year!! Christina with you watching over that boy(anybun,I love it)and his courage the odds are in his favor :) I'm so happy Haven has you Christina.

RG said...

It's so hard to give up on them like Haven.

veganelder said...

Good for Haven...and good for you...thank you...and Haven.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Christina ~ that brought tears to my eyes! Big hugs and kisses to Haven, what a little warrior bun! You are super bunny mom and XOXO to you, too. :)

Nick said...

That's one tough bunny you got there!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Aw, look at him. He doesn't even look real! Good job on taking care of him. He's a lucky bun.

I've been thinking about you because of that new bunny movie that's coming out. Plus Easter. It's your holiday, isn't it?

Christina said...

Actually GP, Easter is not at all my holiday. People will rush out to buy baby bunnies for their kids Easter baskets, 3 months from now they dont want them and will be calling the rescue to dump them. The people who work in rabbit rescue dread Easter.

Christina said...

And that stupid movie will make it worse. Just like when 101 Dalmations came out, suddenly the animal shelters were full of dalmations.

If I flipped Haven over and took pictures of his crippled leg or his scarred down eye you would be a bit shocked.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part.

Christina said...

That's okay Deb, its not something everyone thinks about until they directly come into contact with it my friend:)

My favorite holiday will always be Halloween. It holds the best memories for me as a child and as an adult.

bunnits said...

Congratulations and hugs to Haven and you.

Annette Tait said...

congratulations to Haven!!!
I know you spoil him every day Christina - and so you should! we all send special kisses and hugs to him. he has a place in our heart always :)
xxx