
I am not a poet, not by any means. I wrote this for the rescue where I volunteer. This is for all those animals and their rescuers.
Heartland Rabbit Rescue and all the bunnies who mean so much to me.
Amelia and her mom Diana
Hans and the rest of the furry butts
Andrea and Simon, Dandi, and Bri
Carolyn, Bear and Bunny
For Eleta who just recently took in a horse that the owner tied to a tree and then moved away
For Bridget who rescued not only Momma bunny but kept all those lovely babies that were a surprise
If I missed you, its because I don't know about you. Please feel free to tell me about your furry kid (minus the horrible details please, I have heard enough of those)
Thank you to every person who has ever taken in a starving, injured, abused or mistreated animal, whether you are a rescue operation or just one person. It only takes one person to help an innocent.
For Bridget who rescued not only Momma bunny but kept all those lovely babies that were a surprise
If I missed you, its because I don't know about you. Please feel free to tell me about your furry kid (minus the horrible details please, I have heard enough of those)
Thank you to every person who has ever taken in a starving, injured, abused or mistreated animal, whether you are a rescue operation or just one person. It only takes one person to help an innocent.
Beyond the pain
We come in droves seeking refuge
escape from suffering and sorrow.
Hands that touch with kindness,
reaching for a new life, beyond the pain.
escape from suffering and sorrow.
Hands that touch with kindness,
reaching for a new life, beyond the pain.
Wishing shelter, pleading for rescue
fleeing death at careless hands.
We wait in silence and anticipation
hoping finally, we are beyond the pain.
4 comments:
Thanks, Sweetie!
If I could, I'd take them all in, regardless of breed. I'm inexorably drawn to the underdogs and those animals in need of tender care and a loving heart.
On the upside, Bear seems to be responding to his fluids. He's eating again. Yay! I may not need to give him an appetite stimulant yet.
Carolynn, Bear & Bunny
Thank you, so sweet. It is 2:40 in the morning and I am just back from a rescue at the Moreland Park site in San Jose. We caught 11 rabbits and tonight, at least no one bothered the rabbbits with dogs or pellet guns. This poem was so lovely to come home to, second only to the furry face of Amelia (Tyler and Sydney being in another room).
That was really nice.
Thank you so much for including us in the dedication of your wonderful poem! It means a lot to us.
Post a Comment