No this is not a picture of a cow, its Mojo and Tango being all snuggly. Sometimes Mojee will let me run my finger down the bottom of her foot and sometimes not.Some people think the country is boring. I dont. On my way to the rescue I see the most beautiful creatures. (and sad sights too) Deer, Turkey, all manner of birds and other critters. My camera is never handy. The turkeys have been hanging out at the toll station. I see them all the time. My dad always told me nothing will whip your ass faster in the woods than a ticked off turkey. I dont know but I believe him so I try not to anger them. But this isnt about turkeys.
I know nothing about cows, nothing at all. I see them all the time in Oklahoma of course. They are very attractive and their eyes are beautiful. We used to have cows in the pasture across the highway. I tried to speak to them once or twice but to no avail. They always ran away. I would wave to them and yell "Hello Moos"! I can only imagine what they were saying about me. But I digress.
I was driving home from the rescue on Monday and around the corner I go and see 6 cows standing in the middle of the highway, uh oh. I pull over, call the highway patrol, spend 10 useless minutes trying to explain where I am and then decide to get the cows out of the road myself. What to do, what to do. If I startle them will they scatter? Hmmmm, dont cows usually huddle together when frightened? Traffic is light but I need to do something.......decide. CRAPADOODLE.
I hop out of the car, make sure the coast is clear and run full force at the cows, clapping my hands and yelling "get out of the highway cows" ( I am assuming they speak english of course, I am praying they understand and dont panic) They didnt panic and they stayed together. In no hurry they strolled across the road into the grass. Nice but as soon as I leave they may wander back. Hmmmm, I can see where they came through the fence maybe I can get them to go back in. So I just stand there talking to them, trying my best to convince them to walk down the hill (carefully of course, they hill was steep and I dont want them to hurt themselves) but they just stared at me. Someone did stop and ask me if they were my cows, no and thanks for your help.
Farmer comes finally with a truck. He honks the horn at the cows and they mosey down the hill. He stays on the side of them and I walk behind them clapping my hands for quite a ways until we get them to the gate. They wander in and farmer shuts the gate. Thanks me for the help, I let him know where the fence is down and he is on his way to repair it. Now, I can add cattle herder or maybe cattle wrangler to my resume? I do wonder if those cows were secretly laughing at me. I think so.
Is it fate or chance that I end up in these situations? Now, that is interesting. I went to see "The Adjustment Bureau". It's all about Fate vs chance. What do you think? Are our paths set from the time we are born? Does every little decision we make determine our path? Tell me what you think.
10 comments:
LOL, OH I can just see you chasing those cows clapping away, LOL!!!! BUT....it worked and the farmer got his cows back:D That's a pretty deep question to answer, my own personal beliefs are we set our path before birth, our soul decides what it needs to learn in each lifetime, who knows though, life is complicated, that's why some of us have bunnies to love and snuggle:D
What a cute little bunny bottom!!!!
I had a similar experience once with some escaped cows.
I think we determine our path, but what do I know?!
:) Tracey
Herding cows is a huge challenge! I feel pretty sure we determine our path and decide how happy we are going to be as we travel it. BUT, that is a deep deep thought Christina and I will leave here still thinking about it.....
cute snuggle buns!
Your story reminds me of once when I was surveying wildflower meadows and the cows in the field became very interested in what i was doing, I'm writing a poem about it
Love this story. I can totally picture you out there with the cows giving you the "what's got her all worked up?" look they're famous for. Glad it had a happy ending.
My Paco would let me me stroke his foot when he had it all stretched out. But only once or twice. Then he'd tuck it back in under his substantial belly safe from further molestation.
Fate versus Chance. Oy....too much for my morning brain to handle this morning. Pfft....schprat...ack....
A bunny lets you touch his foot?! WHAT?!
Normally I think that we create our paths, anything that happens along the way is chance. But sometimes I definitely question that. For instance, sometimes I think that Serendipity just KNOWS that you are a would-be-roadkill rescuer extraordinaire, and sends you to these dangerous situations to help out our little four legged friends. Who knows.
No camera for the high event of the month. Fate? Coincidence? Freudian? Predetermination? Absent mindedness?
I hope F.O.T.A. is reading this post so she learns how to herd cows!
Congratulations on a new skill!
Mostly absent mindedness RG.
Ooh, that is very interesting! I'd like to see that movie. I've never heard of it.
I believe in fate. I think everything that happens is meant to be for one reason or another and everything is connected. All the trials and tribulations I've gone through the last seven years since I left NJ were learning experiences that I needed. I even needed to learn about myself and I feel it was all meant to be because I had to learn these things. Now I am ready. For what? We shall see. I feel orchestration is going on.
I could just picture you shooing those cows! I guess you don't know what that thingy is on their bellies either! lol
I can't remember if I told you that I have a cat named Mojo and we also call him Mojee.
GP- Mojo is a good name.....I dont know what that thingy is either. Maybe its part of their thingy.
Post a Comment