Sunday, October 9, 2011

Tango Girl

Sometimes without warning things happen. My beautiful baby girl Tango left suddenly for the bridge early this am. Without a sign of illness. We played until the wee hours last night and she gave kisses and ate her dinner with gusto. We are left scratching our heads and with heavy hearts.


Loved you with all my heart big girl. Rest In Peace

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Hugs to you. Tango is now doing binkies in endless fields of clover.

Juli L. said...

Hugs to you, too. What a shock.

Carmen S. said...

Oh Christina, I am SO very sorry!!! It always makes it even harder when it's so unexpected! Sending you a ((((((((((HUGE HUG))))))))))

RG said...

Oh No ... my biggest fear ... why????

It never gets easy, does it???

Christina said...

No it doesnt RG. No matter the way they leave us. We ask why but there arent any answers. Love them while they are here and miss them like hell when they are gone......

The Bun Life said...

Oh no Christina, I'm so very sorry for you. You're a great bunny mom, and loved Tango. Honestly, when any of my buns go, I pray it is just like Tango went. I had to watch Fuzzy put down, all alone at 12am, then had to drive home with her carrier empty for nearly 90 minutes. Terrible. Bless you Tango!

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh I'm so sorry to hear that,,

Pix said...

Dang. Christina, my heart is heavy with sadness for you and Tango. You were right-"sometimes despite our best intentions things don't work out like we hope". Who would have thought? A well cared for bunny, loved, by all accounts healthy. I have you tucked in my heart today.

Lisa said...

Oh jeez. I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this news Christina, especially after all of your suffering in the past year or two. Are you going to have a necropsy done?

I'm with Jim on this one. She went comfortably, at home, with her bondmates, and you. While it might be the hardest way for them to go as far as concerns us humans, it sounds like there was absolutely no suffering for her.

My heart goes out to do you, Christina.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Wow, I guess she had another date somewhere else, our great sympathies to you and her bun friends <3

Christina said...

Thanks for all your kinds words. One thing that always helps are my fellow bloggers and animals champions.

Lisa no I wont do a necropsy. If it would tell us something that could help another bunny it might be worth it but since Tango showed no signs of being ill.....I dont really see the point in having her body chopped up. She is at rest with the other bunnies in the garden...the way it should be.

Lisa Alto said...

So sorry, and how odd to go with no warning... But then that's how I'd like to go... Having had a great big happy day! Thinking of u Christina. Big hugs x

Carolynn Anctil said...

What?!?

I know how shocking it is to awaken to find that one of our companion animals has already crossed over the Bridge. I suppose animals can suffer heart attacks too and as terrible as it is, at least Tango didn't suffer. There is a blessing in that. You gave her the best of your lovin' and enjoyed some real fun quality time together before she left. Hold that close to your heart along with all the other good memories you have of her.

So sorry.

The Fab Furs said...

So sorry that you lost such a remarkable bun, Tango. She certainly had a good life, if too little of it was spent with you.

Amanda M. said...

Christina, I'm a bit behind on my blogs, but I just read this today, and wanted to send my hugs to you and Tango's spirit. I'm so sorry she left, and that you have had to go through this twice this year. :( Holding you and Tango's spirit in my heart....

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

My heart hurts for you and I share your tears. I will never understand how they can be fine one night and gone the next. Precious little girl. I'm so sorry my friend.
xx, shell

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Aw, I'm so sorry Christina. I hope that at least what appears to be her peaceful exit gives you a little peace. Was she old? Could she have just drifted off from old age?

Christina said...

It wasnt from old age Deb. She was only about 4 1/2 years old. You never know what can be lurking in their bodies. They are good at hiding illness. She ate and was happpy just hours before she died. I can only hope she wasnt in pain and didnt suffer a great deal while I slept. Tango came from a horrible breeding operation. It could very be she had a chronic issue that killed her. We will never know.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Aw, poor Tango. I know you gave her a lot of love in her short life.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Christina ~ I am so remiss in reading your blog and JUST NOW saw this post. It goes without saying that I feel your pain...so sorry. :( I always think of the analogy someone told me once, these sweet bunnies are like shooting stars...they burn so brightly for a short period and then leave just as quickly sometimes. Hate it.