
Yep I am going off bunny topic. It happens from time to time. I am a sucker for making lists of stuff or answering "what are your favorite blah blah blah" questions. So my Auntie Pix has once again pulled me into the game.
1.Who was your favorite teacher and why?
Doctor Street, Senior English. He was a college prof that went back to teaching high school. It was 1988 but he dressed like it was 1970. I loved that class. He was a pretty amazing guy and yes I suck at punctuation and grammar but this was just a literature class. It was after lunch and me and my two BFF's were always late. He called us The Three Musketeers and only turned us in for tardiness once in a while. Saturday detention thank you. Dr. Street taught us that what mattered was not what the author meant but what we took from the book.
2.What were your sports of choice when you were younger?
Pfft.....racing to the Arby's across the street at lunch to smoke behind the dumpster. I did NOT do sports at all. ( I did like to flip around when I was very small, imagined myself a gymnast)
3.What did you want to be when you grew up?
Until I was about 13 I wanted to be famous. Then I wanted to be in politics or law enforcement.
4.What profession did you ultimately end up in and why?
20 years of medical field. I am a histotech and have no idea why but we get a lot of vacation.
5.What is the single most important thing parents should teach their children?
To think for themselves and speak up when they see something wrong. Question your entire life.
6.When you run, what is the one thing your mind turns to the most often?
That I hope I am faster than the bear because that is the only damn thing that will make me run.
7.What is your favorite book and how many times have you read it?
This is a tough one. I guess it would have to be The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I have read it at least 50 times.
8.If you could pick only one movie for the rest of your life to watch what would it be?
YIKES! This is actually painful to answer. I am not really sure but I have seen On Golden Pond about 100 times since I was a teen. I can actually repeat the movie word for word. Weird.
9.Are you more comfortable in the city or the country?
country
10. If you had the option of spending three months of the year in another place, where would it be?
An old castle, damn near anywhere.
Hugs to Pix
12 comments:
I'm so excited! I am going up to take my time and read!
Awww Christina, Hugs back at ya for doing this! You had me laughing so hard with the running to Arby's one, cracked me up. I can easily visualize that! Your other answers were a mix of "I knew it" and "well! I learned something new about Christina here". Your Auntie Pix loved it Christina. Thank you! An old castle in the country~I could be happy living there :)
On Golden pond was a great movie:) Loved all your answers, we used to hide behind the bus garage to smoke, LOL! Have a great day!
That was fun. I loved your answers. I am a big fan of On Golden Pond too. I may even have watched it almost as many times as you. I saw it the first time when it was released in the theater and it struck something in me then. This was a great post.
Pix a castle would be sweet! I can only imagine all the history and maybe some spooky too! You can always tag me Pix...never putting me on the spot. Its fun!
Carmen behind the bus garage? I bet you smoking all the bus fumes too! LOL
Rae I just looked up On Golden Pond. It came out in 1981. I was shocked. I guess I first saw it when I was 11. It struck something in me too and I still have my copy...on VHS.
Number 6 made me laugh so hard!! Love The Outsiders too. Was one of my most favorite.
Shell that book really pushed me to read. I was always so amazed that a 17 year old girl wrote that book.
Oh and S.E Hinton wrote a book just a couple of years back called Hawke's Harbor. Its a vampire book but not like any I have ever read before. I highly recommend it.
goodness me! had me in stitches again Christina :)
just drying the tears now :)
Love these. Now that I'm living in bear country, I'm a little afraid that I'll have to test your theory about running....
Some of these are hard - favourite book, movie...
You have to read up on it Carolynn....what to do when a bear attacks. I have all the rules in my head just in case, I dont live anywhere near bears. LOL
I loved this! Thanks for sharing some personal stuff with us. But now I'm hungry for an Arby's Reuben sandwich ....
Post a Comment