Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pet Remembrance Day

The blog world is alive today with people telling tales and sharing memories of lost loved animal friends. They are asking that we light a candle and drink a toast to the ones that have gone before us. Follow the trail if you like. Its starts here:
http://sweetdaysundertheoaks.com/

or here: http://isobelandcat.wordpress.com/

Or here:http://myweathervane.blogspot.com/



Best quote so far: "we may not have had them with us forever, but we were their- ever"
I dont see it as them leaving holes in our hearts as much as I see them leaving to make room for another lost soul.

10 comments:

Writing from the Edge said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's amazing that Isobel's idea, that I took up with great eagerness, has passed so far and so wide. How wonderful. I love that you have picked up on the words my husband said to comfort me more years ago than I can remember, and which I quoted in my post 'Four legs and a tail are forever' and which Isobel passed on in her blog today: 'We don't have them forever, but they have us for their-ever.'
My candles are still alight on the windowsill here at home!

I so agree with you. I prefer animals to most people!

Carmen S. said...

I didn't know it was pet remembrance day:( Such a sweet pic of 2 adorable bunnies!

Christina said...

I dont know if its "official" Carmen. I think just some of the bloggers started it.

Pix said...

Thanks for joining in Christina. It wasn't official. Isobel did it last year this time in memory of Freddy her cat and then asked whoever wanted to join in to do it this year. I don't know why but I am exhausted. I am ready to sleep tight :)

Carolynn Anctil said...

This is a lovely sentiment. I think I'll enjoy the three pure souls I have with me now, while they need my love and attention. Sending out warm thoughts.

Lisa said...

Shucks. Maybe I'll make it next year. I will light a candle and raise a glass to yours and mine loved and lost very soon, Christina. You have such a great outlook on things. I hope I have such a great attitude when the time comes.

Unknown said...

After reading this, I took some time to think about some of my old friends who passed in years gone by. And you're right, Christina ... they leave so we can help another furry soul in need. But oh how we miss them!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Been thinking of all my babies recently and missing them. So glad I had each one in my life.

RG said...

I'm late - we were losing Lucky when this post came and just couldn't say much of anything. Now we remember him happily and all the others we cared for.

Christina said...

It doesnt matter if you are late RG. I know you had other things on your mind. Much love to you and Bunny Lady and all the bunnies. Kitty Boy too! I have been thinking a lot of you all the past few days.