Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Politics Of Rabbits (and one cat)

"You gots some treats mommy?"
Mojo and Duds do not care for Jojo
"Read me a story mom"
I'm afraid of rabbits

Nina calling for somebody to come pick up the rabbits.
When I originally brought Jojo home I thought he was going to be happy being a single bunny. He is such a people oriented little guy. That is what I get for thinking. 

Jojo made it very obvious from the start that he wanted a bun friend. He tried to shove his face under every bun in bundom. He took a particular shine to Sam and Jack. I cant blame him, the other bunnies tried to kill him. Jack seemed somewhat interested. I started the bonding rituals. We stopped then started several times. We seemed to turn a corner......then Sam decided he didnt care for the status quo.

I came home from home work the other day to blood and chaos. Darla was out of her playpen and bleeding, from her feet and from her lip. Jojo had been left out to play and free roam with Sam and Jack. I immediately blamed him. I happened to see Sammi's mouth....it had blood all over it but no injury. Jack was cowered in the back of his playpen. I knew Sam Sam was the culprit and my Sambo doesnt do that.

I got Darla cleaned up and flushed her wounds. They will heal but leave scars. As I was putting her back in her playpen I noticed Whoosh was also bleeding. DAMMIT! What had they been doing while I was gone?

Jojo is making my sweet little Sammicakes aggressive and it scares Jackson to death. NO MORE BONDING. I have done a lot of bonding over the years and sometimes you just need to call it quits.   

Beautiful bunny tote that my friend Amanda made for me.
Jojo is going on some dates on Monday. I know how desperately he wants a friend and the buns here are just not going to tolerate his invasion. I have a lot of buns in mind but very little time to devote to a long bonding ritual. I am hoping for a bit of love at first sight. Wish us luck. 

Nina is terrified of the buns. She rarely makes her way downstairs and only if I am standing by. She peeks around corners and if she catches so much of a glimpse of bunny ear, she is back up those stairs lickety split. Poor girl, sometimes they scare me too. 

Oh dont ever be alarmed by a Monday Mantra. I often pick from my favorite writers and it depends on my mood too. We are all well and I hope you are too. 

My spell check didn't work so forgive any oopses.  

14 comments:

veganelder said...

I'm a little surprised, Samson is not a fellow that calls to mind the idea of "aggression".

Good luck with the speed dating. :-)

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

I am so glad to see your post this morning Christina beacuse I was wondering about Nina! She looks good there on the step all shiny and healthy and LOVED! Nina dialing.. Ha ha ha! As for the bunnies I hope all the buns and you get it sorted out. Have a good Sunday Christina, we have rain. Sort of.. :)

Pix said...

Dang I forgot! Cute tote, lucky you!

Carmen S. said...

You need cameras set up so you can see what goes on when you are not home, lol! I know the bonding with my truffles and snickerdoodle never lasted, just when I would think I was making headway she would turn on him again, poor guy he would practically turn cartwheels to try to win her over:( I hope Jojo finds someone who is just right:)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

bunny battlefield----good luck with the Monday dates. Nina may be terrified of the bun but at least she isn't contributing to the mayhem.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Oh my! Sounds like there was some bunny whoop a** happening. Having been on the receiving end myself, I can say vouch for the fact that they can be pretty ferocious when they want to be. No wonder Nina is afraid and has the good sense to put you between her and the bunnies. I hope you find a great match for Jojo. He deserves to have some lovin' too, even though he sounds like a bit of a cranky pants. Good luck!

Little Miss Titch said...

oh dear bunny scraps is not what you need,good luck with finding a new friend for jack

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

I had no idea bunnies were so dang picky about who they got next too!

Christina said...

Very picky Pix and very territorial. Jojo is just really frustrated I think because he wants a friend to.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Good luck on your dates Jojo. Bunnies...who would think such adorable fuzzy little creatures could be so damn political! ;)

Hugs

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh, also mean to say that I love that tote. fabulous!

RG said...

Any bunny name of JoJo does deserve a nice cozy friend. Good luck .. not a very good start at all.

Amanda M. said...

Good luck to JoJo in finding a lover who won't drive him crazy! ;) Sorry it hasn't worked out so far. :( But hopefully soon. Then you can work on getting Ms. Nina a buddy! ;)

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Who knew that buns could be so violent?! I've gone through a similar thing with the horses. They want to be together, but there's the herd order to think about and blood can be involved if two of them decide to vie for leadership. The last time, like you, I just gave up.