Monday, December 7, 2009

No Eureka Springs, Homework, Winter






Okay we didnt go to Eureka Springs for girls weekend. Why, you ask? I dont want to sit in a hot tub when the wind chill is 12 degrees. I dont like walking around shopping when its 28 degrees with a north wind. The girls suggested Dallas instead. Yuck, I hate the traffic in Dallas. I wanted to go somewhere quiet and peaceful not watch thousands of people scurry around like ants. (at least ants seem to be doing something useful) We will reschedule E.S.


I had a 6 page paper due this Sunday. I put it off til the last possible minute. Why on earth, at the age of 39 did I decide to go back to school? I dont have a dang clue. I hated school the first time. My computer went wacko and I couldnt get the paper to format right. I turned it in anyway. I guess I will have to accept a B in the class.


I did go and see "The Blind Side" this weekend. What a lovely movie. I suggest you see it. By the way, I am an absolute sucker for those Lifetime Christmas movies that are on this time of year. This year has been a let down so far. I need sappy! The last 2 Sundays the movies havent been good at all. Lifetime is messing with my Christmas traditions. I dont like it one bit. I broke out my copy of A Christmas Carol last night and read it. I love Dickens. He had such hope for humanity. I have seen every Christmas Carol movie ever made. I really love that story, for a cynic like me, it gives me hope. Love the play too. Nemo enjoyed nibbling on the edges of the book while I read.
I hate winter. Bah Humbug! The picture above is my Trumpet Vine this summer. That's what I want, warm weather, flowers blooming in the yard, smell of freshly mowed grass. I want to sit on my patio and drink coffee and watch the birds. Instead, I am stuck in the house freezing my toots off. We have a chance of freezing drizzle tonight. Woofreakinhoo. One day I will leave this cold ass state and just look at pictures of winter. I will laugh hysterically while I wear shorts in January.
Let me focus for a minute on what makes me happy:
bunnies
books
high cotton count sheets
volunteering
black silk boxer shorts (not on me, on attractive men)
chocolate
a good margarita
a really good concert
flowers
summer
good coffee
hanging out with my nephew (who is going to the Bahamas for Christmas, the lucky little sucker)
ordering all my Christmas presents on-line
when winter is over

10 comments:

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

I actually love winter because I get to wear my 'fat' clothes with unabashed glee.
You're right about the Lifetime movies...I usually have one on in the background so that the underlying message will seep into my hubby's brain. No life-changing revelations coming out of him yet!
Here's hoping for an early spring in your neck of the woods!
Hang in there, Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Your list and my list are just about identical. We're twins! :)

Rural Rambler said...

Christina I just wanted to say that I just so HEAR you. I wouldn't want to do E.S. in 12 degree wind chill either! CH and I had to go to Springfield, MO to have my vehicle worked on and it was freakin' cold, windy and flurry-ie. I wanted to shop for Christmas and walk around the MSU campus(old times)but it was so dang cold we were miserable. I hate getting in and out of a car with three layers of clothes making me feel like I'm in a little kids snowsuit.

So far the movies on TV are the same ol' same ol' except I did get to see White Christmas. And your last paragraph before your list of things that make you happy, DITTO! DITTO every dang sentence except the coffee! Christina I just love that paragraph and it made me laugh so hard CH stopped watching The Christmas Card on the Hallmark Channel to ask me what was so funny. I like your list too it works just fine for me!

Annette Tait said...

Christina books always read better when they are shared and loved!!

well - I'm the complete opposite of you and Bridget - and I love the grey skies and cold and rain and snow. Infact too much makes me feel kind of queasy (the opposite of the SAD syndrome from lack of sun)!
I left boiling hot, bright, bright sunny non stop Australia to come back to cloud filled rainy Scotland and every day has been just perfect!

never the less I hope you have mild winter and lots of sunny days :)

Annette Tait said...

goodness - just re read my post - I forgot to put in the word 'sun' at 'too much -sun- makes me feel ....'
deary me! (hope that's not the lack of sunlight getting to me :)

Christina said...

Annette,
Australia might be just a tad too hot for me too. You have Scotland though, I wouldnt mind winter as much if I was looking at castles and wandering the Scottish countryside.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I usually don't like cold, but yesterday I scared myself by finding our sudden Winter weather bracing and invigorating.........What are you taking in school?

Carolynn Anctil said...

I'm with you. I am not a happy camper when the temperatures plummet. On the bright side, however, we've been enjoying beautiful clear blue skies for the last week or so. Not the usual heavy gray skies raining down on our heads that we're used to at this time of year.

*sigh*

I do like your list though. And, I too shall continue to dream of warmer climes.

Christina said...

Diana- I am not sure what I am doing. I am closest to a degree in business credits wise, that may be what I end up with if I stick it out. Crazy since I have worked in the medical field the last 16 years.

RG said...

Ohhhh .. cold here too (Pac.NW) ... WAY too cold. No bunnies outside. A little goes a long way. I kind oflike a candy cane melting in some peppermint tea - like now!