
One of my oldest and closet friends had to make a horrible loving choice this morning. She called me this afternoon crying her heart out. She had her old girl Lodi for almost 14 years. Lodi had been fighting bladder cancer, a skin disease and a terrible weakness in her back legs. She slipped on the ice this morning and just couldnt get back up. Her mom picked her and rushed her to the vet and decided to take away Lodi's pain.
Lodi was a huge mutt with the most loving attitude I have ever seen. I met her when she was just a pup. She swiped my candy bar and my Dr.Pepper and we were best buddies ever since. When I would go to Tulsa and stay all night, Lodi would cry at the guest room door to come and sleep with me. She would get all her toys and put them in the bed and she and I would snuggle.
I know Dee Dee's heart is hurting. I am hurting for her. Godspeed on your journey to the bridge Lodi. Stewart and Oscar kitty are waiting to embrace you.
13 comments:
Oh Christina, I am so sorry about your friend Lodi. What a lovely soul she was. And such a sweet face. Dee Dee's heart must be broken in a thousand tiny pieces. What a sad thing that she is gone, but what a wonderful, long life Dee Dee gave her.
((BIG HUGS)) to you and DeeDee for your loss of this special loving friend! It's never easy to let go even when we know it's the right choice.
Christina, keeping you, Lodi and Dee Dee in my thoughts and prayers. It is always so hard, the decision and being without that wonderful personality and spirit that we give our hearts to. What a wonderful thing that she had you to talk to. Take care.
Times like that are so hard ... wonder how the name of Lodi came?
Lodi, California Rabbits Guy!
Happy romping at the Bridge, Lodi, and peace to Dee Dee, for having enough love to take on the pain so a furry friend won't suffer.
oh its always so sad to lose a loved pet,
I call that the gift of euthanasia. It is the last most loving thing we can do for our pets. Lodi was beautiful.
I a agree completely GP, it is a gift. The final most loving thing we can do is take away their pain. Keeping them around too long is often more for our benefit than theirs. Lodi was loved loved loved and spoiled completely. Now the only pain left is Dee Dee's. This girl had a special place in my heart and always will.
She had a good life for a good girl dog.....I certainly agree with with you Christina and GP about the final sleep......
Oh no. What a beautiful little girl. There are tears flowing here for Lodi and Dee Dee. My heart aches for anyone who goes through this. I'm sending much love and tenderness Dee Dee's way.
Carolynn
Sending peace to Dee Dee and you.
A huge hug to your friend. Another angel has gone over the bridge and will be meeting up with so many our our beloved pets that have gone on ahead. So sorry she had to make that heartbreaking decision.
Post a Comment