Saturday, December 26, 2009

Worst Blizzard in Oklahoma History.


That's what they say anyway. I doubt it. They don't have records from like oh say 1747. LOl. My little pine is struggling to keep its head up. Thursday was the worst day I have ever seen in OK myself. I didn't work Thursday, I wouldn't have made it. Cars were abandoned along the highway, a 50 car pile up in Midwest City. I had to go in last night. The drive usually takes me 30 minutes but last night it was about an hour and a half. I am not crazy. I went slow slow slow along the emergency snow route rather than the interstate. I don't want to be up on the highway with the big trucks. Sheesh what a mess. I counted 25 cars along the way. Just sitting in the middle of the road where people walked away. For those of you who don't know what I do, I work in a lab. I am a Histotech. I cut human tissue. (no animals, ever) If that sounds interesting, trust me after 16 years, its not. When the weather is bad it is the only time I don't care for my job or living out of the city.




The trio got a new blanket and a blue tent for Christmas. Tango loves her an afghan. I find these gorgeous handmade blankets at the thrift store. It's hard to believe people's hard work end up there for just a few dollars. I can load up on blankets for just a few bucks. Dudley and Mojo were hiding at first. It takes them a while to warm up to something new. Not Tango though, she comes right over and lays her chubby self down. They all got extra treats Christmas morning.




Jake and I are going to see a movie tonight and split a pizza. We are a little stir crazy from being in the house and he wants to spend his Christmas money. The boy waited up for me last night to get home from work. 4 am he was standing by the front door. His trip to the Bahamas was cancelled. Bad weather and his mother's boyfriends family takes everyone to the Bahamas every Christmas. Unfortunately the father has cancer and took a turn for the worse this week. I will be thinking of him. I know what its like to watch someone dying at Christmas. Changes the holiday forever.




I hope all of you are well and warm and you got what you wanted from Santa. We are supposed to get above freezing today, thank goodness. I took lots of food out yesterday for the birds. They were grateful and singing for the seeds and suet cakes. I feed some stray cats at work and was sneaking out the back door last night to give them their food. (I am going to get into a lot of trouble one day, if I get caught. lol). I slipped of course, navigating the ramp and fell right down on my ass. Nice.

9 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

Stay safe & warm! I saw something briefly on tv last night about the horrible snow storms out your way.

My love to you & your family.

(BTW...I'm afraid I still don't quite get what a histotech does...)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have one fantastic nephew- enjoy!

Carmen S. said...

Glad to hear you are safe from the storm other than the fall! I love the thrift stores, great prices and never know what you can find:)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Gosh take good care in that extreme weather, I know you will. You can't say you went to see a movie without saying which one and what you thought and what Jake thought......I'm hanging in suspense! Why would you get in trouble for the the cats, you're not feeding them, you know, specimens are you? Stay warm and kiss the bunnies for us.

Christina said...

Carolyn-say you go to the doctor and have something removed. I process it, cut, and prepare it for a pathologist to look at and check for cancer mostly-presto Histotech

Diana-went to see Sherlock Holmes. We both liked it a lot. Looks like there will be a sequel. I am not supposed to feed the cats because there have been issues with feeding strays in the past and someone was cornered one night by several pit bulls. The cat food also tends to draw skunks and raccoons. I just dont like to see animals hungry so I take my chances. They are quite wild and nervous of people.

Rural Rambler said...

I don't know why Christina but I always forget you are in Oklahoma. For some reason I always think you are a Missouri gal. Stay safe for goodness sake!

Crafty Green Poet said...

gosh that's a lot of snow! Sorry about the fall! The thrift store blankets sound an excellent find...

d. moll, l.ac. said...

My rabid curiousity is appeased, thanks, Yes, Dexter and I are going to see SHerlock today! Gosh cornered by pit bulls, does sound like a reason to make a rule...still I know you'll keep doing what you can for the kitties.

RG said...

The Great Okie Blizzard of '09! (Has a great tone and ring to it!)

I am glad you made it through - and the critters too.

Now, leave go my liver .........