
Dont buy Easter Bunnies (or little ducks and chicks)
Dont buy live toys for kids Easter baskets
Dont patronize stores that sell bunnies and chicks and ducks at Easter
Tell the managers you wont shop there, write a letter and let them know
Stop this outdated practice......The animals almost always come to bad ends.
Just look at Dudley's scary face if you need to ask why.
10 comments:
So many people don't realize the beautiful little life they hold in their hands when they bring an animal home from the pet store. They're not commodities that can get tossed in the corner and forgotten about when the novelty wears off. So tragic.
Special hugs to all the furbabies out there.
I cringe to think of how some of those pet shop bunnies end up:(
We second all those sentiments, although it may be a little bit hypocritical.
Biffy was an Easter bun, bought impulsively the day before Easter two years ago. If I'd have done my research, I would have come across the "Make Mine Chocolate" campaign.
Funny that someone who would never consider "purchasing" a dog or cat, hadn't even thought of adopting her bun. I try to atone by volunteering at the shelter and preaching the benefits of shelter buns and the evils of pet stores to anyone who will listen!!!
In any event, Biff is one of the lucky ones, in stark contrast with Sogna, who very well could have been an "Easter" whim for the people who neglected her.
Now and forever on, I say "Make Mine Chocolate"!!!
Lisa,
The difference is you learned and changed. That's what its about. Only 2 of my bunnies came from the rescue. We are only hypocrites if we dont put what we learn into practice. Lots of bunnies came from breeders and pet stores. There can be no judgement from me on past things, that would make me a hypocrite too. Education is the key..... You are an excellent bunny mom and your bunnies are lucky, no matter where they came from.
Thanks Christina, that's very sweet of you.
I do often feel guilty about having patronized a Petland, especially having subsequently learned of their utter ineptitude in rabbit husbandry (for instance, they didn't tell me upon buying a rabbit that the starter cage was WAY too small for him and that he would outgrow it in about two weeks, the starter set was sold with CEDAR shavings bedding, and most appalling, NO ONE TOLD ME A RABBIT NEEDED HAY!!!! Not even the girl at the register who said she had a Holland Lop. I don't even remember seeing any hay in his cage in the store. Also, he was labelled as a holland lop. With ears about two inches longer than his chin and over 5 lbs., he's obviously not a holland lop.) I actually wrote them a lengthy email about how they shouldn't sell pets if they can't steer customers towards the essential items for their care. I'm sure no one ever read it.
Still, I always remind myself when I approach feelings near regret, that I would be lost without my little prince. Sogna is my angel girl and she has brightened up our lives, but Biff is my little boy and will always have a very special place in my heart.
Anyway, thanks for understanding! I really appreciate that.
You are so right! Hope everyone listens.
AMEN SISTER! It is getting to be THAT time of year, isn't it? Sigh...
Go buy a chocolate bunny for that basket instead!
Our Patches was an Easter Bunny who "kept getting bigger". Yes, the people who bought her actually said that to me. She was not a mini-lop, she was a baby. :(
Amen!
Another Amen!! Make mine Chocolate too! And add some speckledie malted milk balls :)
Well said!!
Post a Comment