I dont have any pictures for this one folks. It was one of those times when my camera wasn't handy.
I took Millie out in the front yard this evening for a romp and a good brushing. My girl just paraded around and inspected everything. She chinned a couple of pine cones and snacked a bit on some grass. I was just enjoying her and pulling out huge tufts of hair.
My neighbor across the street rescued her little niece and nephew. Their parents are meth heads and these little ones were living in bad conditions. When their aunt (my neighbor) heard about what was happening, they drove from Oklahoma to Florida to pick up these kids. They have seen way too much at the ages of 6 and 8.
I hear a loud exclamation from their yard. The little girl comes running the second she spies Millie. My neighbor followed and asked what Millie's story was. I told her and this little girl was so upset and outraged about Millie's treatment. (I probably shouldn't have said anything in front of her) She spoke to Millie in hushed tones and decided to give Millie Mouse a show. She turned flips for my girl. Sang her a little song and then raced up and down the yard while Millie watched in rapt attention. It was the cutest little performance and Millicent seemed to really enjoy it. She responded in kind with a couple of binky's.
The little boy came out of the house and his sister called to him to come see the bunny. He came over very shyly and asked me several questions about her. He then asked if he could pet her. I told him yes and how to touch her and he took off running for home. I was pretty puzzled. A couple of minutes later he came running back wearing latex gloves. I asked him what the gloves were for. He said, god bless him, "I dont want to get any bad germs on her"
He thinks his germs are bad? Jesus, I would like to kick his parents in the face.
I guess it just proves that treating others poorly because you were treated poorly is lousy excuse.
10 comments:
oh wow.....I hope no one ever hurts those kids again....I hope by some miracle that the world doesn't destroy the beautiful spirit that lives in them....and i hope, pray for many such young people in this poor sick world. Binky on you lovely, magnificent Millicent!!
Poor kids...
Dang. What is the matter with people? Thank heavens your neighbor was their for her niece and nephew, thank heavens Millie has you AND thank heavens those kids and Millie had some binky good fun!!
Its nice isnt it Pix? These two kids have never had anyone teach them about being kind to animals, yet instinct took over. Really makes you wonder.
My heart goes out to those poor kids, there are too many children in those types of situations, it really is a sad world we live in! I'm glad they were able to get some happiness with Millie:)
They sound like great kids. It's amazing how some people who have known so much evil can be good, or even the best of us, and some who have had nothing but love and plenty can be evil. It really does make you wonder. Of course Millie the Diva loves the attention.
they are rescued now and know a rabbit, they'll be alright. Great story.
Bunny Therapy!
bless the aunt for stepping in to properly parent those amazing kids!
millie, you rock, too! :)
What absolutely delightful children!
Post a Comment