Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's just too hot.



Millie knows its too hot to go outside and does not approve.




Its been awhile folks. I have missed my favorite blogs and blogging. I have been fighting toothache for the last couple weeks. The kind of pain where you cant think of anything, cant concentrate on anything and are close to cutting off your own head. I have been telling my dentist something is wrong with the crown he did. He kept xraying it and telling me nothing was wrong. I knew something was wrong with me. I havent felt like myself in the last couple of months, run down, no energy. Didnt think it was my tooth.




Sunday night I paced the floor with fever and pain waiting for 8am.I called a different dentist and they told to come straight away. He xrayed my tooth and said "yikes" (its not a good feeling when your dentist says "yikes") He said it was the worst looking infection he had seen in a while. A little longer and I would have been in the hospital. I will spare you the gory details but needless to say he pulled the tooth right then. It could not be saved. Its gonna take a while to get rid of the infection but it is slowly getting better. I am thinking of kicking my old dentist in the face......


The buns are all good. Just enjoying the air conditioning. The temps here have been over 100 until today.
What's new with me?
Financial aid turned down all my grant apps. I am screwed going to school for a while.
I refinanced my car at a much better rate.
I am glad a I work at night.
Got tickets to see Tom Petty and ZZ Top with my best girlfriends. Very excited.
Supposed to spend Halloween weekend in Eureka Springs with best girlfriends. Hope that happens.
It's hot hot hot here and my tooth kinda hurts.
Stay cool friends and if you live somewhere it isnt hot. I hate you just a little right now. (just kidding dear friends)

15 comments:

The Urban Cowboy said...

Wow, I feel for ya! I know what you mean when you say you feel like cutting your head off. Glad to hear that the problem has finally been identified, and treatment has begun. Before you know it you will be yourself again and 100%.

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the heat...Ouch with the tooth though...You didn't get pain meds??? I am sorry about the grants...That totally sucks...So much for Obama helping the college students huh???

Carmen S. said...

It's been very hot here too, one of the hottest summers we've had in along time! Millie looks cool and happy in the AC:)I hope you get to feeling 100% very soon and why couldn't the old dentist read an X-ray, yikes!

veganelder said...

Let me know when, I might want to help you out with the face kicking...

Christina said...

CJ-It would be easy to blame the current president but as a nation we have failed at education for many many years. From preschool to college we have done a piss poor job. Books cost a fortune and in 2 years they are outdated and you have to buy new ones that are even more expensive. Millionares give gifts to colleges and what do they do with the money? Jazz up the football field. Education is a reinvestment in your own county. That is something that was forgotten a long long time ago. Politicians make their money from big business and that will always be their priority, not honoray degrees from the Universtiy of Dipshit.

VE-yes, lets do some face kickin!

Carmen- I think my dentist went to the college of denistry and gizinta's and cake decorating.

Friend of the Animals said...

Dang girl, you need a lawyer.

My dad pulled his own tooth once, couldn't stand the pain. It was a weekend night, no one open. Guess it was cheaper than going to the ER.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I wonder if you'd have a case against the other dentist. I'm not normally one to advocate legal action, since everyone makes mistakes, but this seems like too basic a one to have missed.

Got a friend with a JD who can advise you?

I'm sorry you didn't get your school money. In the meantime, though, have you considered taking some of those free online classes? Maybe you'd learn some things that would make the real thing (when you can afford it) just that much easier.

Christina said...

I might just have to look into that BG. Thanks!

Crafty Green Poet said...

sorry about your tooth, bad toothache is just unbearable

Rural Rambler said...

Christina glad you listened to your intuition and PAIN and found a solution. Glad too that you are feeling better. Yeah the old dentist needs a kick in the A$$ in some kind of form. ZZ Top, Oh Yeah that could make CH and me jealous. It's hot here too but we are getting a couple days break but then the heat is on all next week.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Your first dentist is a dumbass and needs a swift kick curbside. So sorry to hear you had to suffer for so long with that kind of pain. Very glad to have you back.

It sounds like you have some great plans in the works. It's hot & muggy right now. *smile*

Lisa said...

I'm with BG. That hack almost killed you!!! Sorry you've been suffering but at least now your body has a chance to fight the infection. Hope you start feeling better soon. Sorry I don't have my JD yet.

I hear ya about school. I actually GOT loans, or will be getting them. Apparently the government won't start disbursing them until a month after school starts. Apparently they don't want the students who never show up to pocket the money. I said "well that's all fine and good, but how am I supposed to pay for my metrocard, first two months' rent, and books to get myfirst month of work done?" Sorry, tough luck kid. Ridiculous.

Good luck with everything. Just keep looking forward to Tom PEtty & ZZ Top, and looking at your bunnies' sweet faces, and that should help you get through it.

PS, Millie needs to be added to the family photos on the side of your blog. I know you have bigger problems, but she may feel left out/unaccepted.

Christina said...

I do need to add her Lisa, I surely do.

The Bunns said...

Bah Humbug and Thump! Blowing some 70's temp air your way.

We are just bunnys but we can feel your pain!

Lisa Alto said...

Hope you are feeling better really really soon... convinced a kick up the arse to your useless dentist will speed your recovery!