
Tofu works at a local gift store in Eureka Springs. She is part lop and part lionhead. What a patient sweet natured girl. She hands you your change and your receipt. The folks that have these bunnies keep only rescued buns. It is amazing how calm they stay among all the tourists. They are well guarded and well taken care of. If you are ever in Eureka Springs, stop by and visit the two working bunny stores (anyone can tell you where they are)

Mandevilla vine still blooming. (I think I spelled that right)

We almost missed the leaves. They are rapidly changing color. Usually these trees are so red they look like they are on fire.

Our little cottage was adorable. Neat as a pin and homemade cinnamon rolls baked every morning by the owners. Yummy.

I normally dont look like I have lazy eye. (teehee) But the wine was flowing. I am in the red t-shirt and my dear friend Jackie and I are enjoying wine before our dinner. I always visit Ermilio's Italian. There is never shorter than a 30 minute wait. It is the best Italian restaurant I have ever had and I always look forward to eating there.
We had a blast! The leaves were beautiful and so were the flowers. When we came out after dinner there were hundreds of kids trick or treating. It was so much fun. We sat for over an hour and watched the kids. Some lines to the houses were 30 kids deep waiting their turn. Parents dressed up too! I saw not one person act ugly or misbehave. I longed for the times when I was a kid and Halloween was a safe and fun holiday without any danger.
16 comments:
What a beautiful flowering vine! I would LOVE to shop somewhere and be waited on by bunns, LOL, of course I would want to kiss and snorgle them and take them home too;)
A lop-eared lion-head is quite the sight! Thanks for the picture!
Tofu is so cute! And those pictures are beautiful! The trip sounded perfect. I enjoyed the pictures. Thank you for sharing them.
Tofu looks adorable and a working bunny, well...
Great photos, thanks for sharing, I'm glad you had a good trip.
The notion of Halloween being unsafe seems to be mostly a case of us scaring ourselves (http://www.snopes.com/horrors/poison/halloween.asp)....
Christina!! Your back and you did see some color and you had a wonderful time! I am so happy for you. Eureka Springs is just so charming. And Ermilio's, oh yeah :)
I think I noticed one of the bunnies at Heartland is named Ermilio! Cute about Tofu but she looks like she has a little 'tude. Love the picture of you and your friend Jackie sippin some wine!
Oh my gawd, Tofu is absolutely adorable!! What a great place that hires only rescue bunny employees.
Your evening out with your gal-pal sounds really lovely. I don't celebrate Halloween as an adult and we never get trick or treaters at our condo, but I do fondly recall the days when I ran around the neighbourhood at night in full costume, scoring a pillowcase full of candy.
Blessings,
Carolynn
Carmen-Oh Tofu was quite snuggly. She allowed pets and kisses!
RG-she was the first lop/lion i have run across.
MM-She is a cutie huh.
CGP-The working buns of E.S. are pretty famous there and everyone looks out for them.
VE-some of it is blown out of proportion but nowadays you cant let your kids go out and knock on strange doors I guess. Perverts, traffic and older bullies. "sigh" I remember even in the 70's getting a little treat bag full of cig butts.
Pix- I thought about you while we were having the wine.
Caro-We had so much fun. I have a ton of stories about our weekend!
Fun! You look great (even with lazy eye - ha ha). Yes, Halloween was always the best, running from house to house with our pillow cases full of candy! Ah, those were the days...
Bridget-LOL Thanks. You can see I am leaning to one side. Wine goes straight to my head. Halloween used to be such fun.
I LOVE the lop/lion mix. that's fantastic! So glad you had a great time. Looks like a beautiful place.
nice bun... the grrrrls aren't too bad, either ;) lol
Wonderful pictures, Christina!!! The cottage is just so picture perfect, oh, and the fall colors ... beautiful! Little Tofu looks adorable!!! I'm glad you had such a good time.
Are you on vacation and you found a bunny working in a store?! What's the chances of that? Ha!
Looks like you and your friend are having a wonderful time.
Sounds like had an awesome time on your vacation...and I personally think a trip without wine isn't worth the trip at all. :) I love hearing that the trick-or-treating went off without a hitch. There is nothing more endearing than innocent little kids dressing up and hitting the pavement. Except maybe Tofu the bunny. She's pretty endearing. :)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com
Lisa-we did indeed!
LW-Thanks! We do alright
Aunt Andrea-isnt it?
GP-I knew the bunnies were there actually. Been there many times and the buns are famous.
Mindy-Never a truer statement about wine! LOL
Post a Comment