I was on my way to buy green yummies for the buns last night and my friend called. The conversation went like this. (keep in mind I was talking to her over my car radio so we could hear each other quite well)
Me: "Hello, oh there's a turkey in the road"
D: "What, hello?"
Me: "hang on a sec, I see a turkey"
D: "What? A live turkey?"
Me: "nope, a frozen smoked turkey"
D: "Okay......." "What are you gonna do with it?"
Me: "I am gonna turn around and get it"
D: "YOU ARE GONNA TAKE A TURKEY SOMEONE DROPPED IN THE ROAD?"
Me: "Its not for me, I will give it to the neighbors"
D: "Really?, your gonna present your neighbors with a raggedy turkey from the street?"
Me: "Why not?, if its still frozen it should be good and they LIKE smoked turkey" (I dont)
D: "okay"
Me: "hold on a sec" (I exit the car and I can hear her laughing)
Me: "Never mind"
D: "What? Was it squished?"
Me: "Uh, no. It was a bag of trash"
D: Laughs uproariously
Me: "Well, it LOOKED like a turkey"
Yeah Right. My baby girl is NOT for sale. No amount of money honey.
Have a good week everyone!

15 comments:
And how could you tell it was a smoked frozen turkey? which it wasn't but that's beside the point. How does a smoked turkey differ from a regular frozen turkey? BTW got the cookbook, fun! thnx
Weeeel, in the dark it had the shape and the dark paper on a smoked turkey. A regular frozen turkey has lighter paper. I cant realy explain it. In the dark, I thought that's what it was.
This made me giggle... and I was thinking exactly the same question as D!
How disappointed you must have been when you realised it wasn't a turkey!
LOL
That's hilarious. My, your friends must enjoy receiving phone calls from you. Not frozen turkeys, 'cause who know where they came from, but phone calls, yes.
Giggles!!!
Hope you had a nice weekend!!!
This did not REALLY happen. (Did it?)
RG my life is one episode of crazy after the other. I can promise you it happened.
You turkey! LOL
lol. You are so silly.
Lovely bunny in the window.
LOL. That was an interesting conversation. :D
Dang turkey imposter!
That was funny.
You're going to like the new story I'm working on. It's about garbage. And eating. That's all I'm saying.
Wow. That is great.
Well...at least it was a packaged turkey and not a real one. That "smoking" process would have been a real humdinger for a live bird.
:)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com
Post a Comment