You Tawkin To Me?Tango causes a lot of fear and trauma when I take her to the vet. Everyone is very alarmed by her. Anyway, today was nail trim day for Tango and Nemo. The puppy spa is about a 1/2 a block from my house. I tucked Nemo in my hoodie and zipped up and off we went. Easy, easy done in five minutes and back home.
The lady that usually does it was out and her husband was there. I told him I was going home to get my big girl and that she was a handful. He said "no problem, I have trimmed a raccoon's nail so a little bunny wont be a problem" I told him I just wanted to warn him but he didn't listen. So I go home and get Miss Tango and put her in the carrier. (she wouldnt fit in my hoodie and would whip my butt if I tried) When we walk in I told him we needed to go into a room and that I needed her carrier to be on a table when I took her out. He seemed skeptical still. Poor man. I reach in to get her out and she does her usual growling and thumping at the back of the carrier with all her might. His eyes got big as saucers."Is she growling"? "I have never heard a rabbit growl before" (his voice shaky and squeaky suddenly) So I get her out and he says "holy crap". I tried to tell him!!!!!!! Every time he trimmed a toenail she grunted and tried to bite him. I honestly thought he was going to cry. It was over pretty fast. He didn't charge for it because her back feet didn't need trimming and I am fairly sure he just wanted her out. He said as I was leaving " Do you have anymore like her at home"? I laughed and said yes but I wasn't bringing Mojo in because she didn't need a trim. (Mojo is big but NOTHING like Tango but I wanted him to worry a bit.) Next time I think I will bring them both at the same time and see how he reacts. Cant help myself. It was so much fun. Tango doesn't scare me at all but she sure scares the heck out of everyone else. Raccoon Smaccoon. Just had to share that story with you all.
When Tango was spayed her vet Dr. Rachel leaned down to open her carrier. Tango rushed from her carrier and jumped on Dr. Rachel's back. She ran willy nilly around the room, grunting and honking and it took 4 or 7 (lol, depending on whose version of the story you believe) to catch her. They dreaded seeing her at the vet. I learned very quickly to trim those nails myself. Tango eventually turned out to have the sweetest disposition of the trio.
Miss you so much sweet girl. Miss you so much.......
8 comments:
Awww Christina. I know that hurt, I know that "miss you so much". Enjoyed Tango's story this morning. I am thinking about you.
Great memories! I know you are missing her,gotta love a bunny with attitude:) When I worked at the animal hospital I could win over almost any dog, but we had some cats that were feared by all, LOL! Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories of Tango!
Tango is honking, growling, thumping and raising cain, waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.
I think many people (even vets!) are astonished by how much attitude a bunn can have!
Growling bunnies are a sight indeed. Or is that sound indeed. I had one too. She was naughty as can be, but the minute I picked her up she would almost smile and look like the most precious little thing ever. I miss her terribly too. Amazing how much these fuzzy little bundles can make such an impression on us. Impressions that live with us forever.
xx, shell
Oh my, she was a handful! Very funny stories. I'm glad you're thinking of the good things.
OMG, I can identify with the growling. Little nutjob Sydney here growls, grunts, even whistles I think. Only if he is on the ground though, he gets so intimidated by how big everyone is, meanwhile he is like the size of a crumb in comparison lol. Great story, I would have died laughing if I were there, I bet.
Christina I am so sorry to hear about Tango, especially because she was there one day then not the next :(
I am so glad she lived with you and had love and friendship and companionship - no bun could ask for a better life, ever :)
and I love your story about her :) feisty!
sending love, hugs and kisses xoxo
Annette, Arabella and Wesley
Post a Comment