Saturday, October 1, 2011

When Rabbits (and Squirrels) Attack...Among other things




My lovely friend Michelle at http://theraspberryrabbits.blogspot.com/ is a Textile Folk Artist. She made these sweet pumpkins and when I commented on her blog how much I like pumpkins.....she sent it to me. I have received so many wonderful handmade items from my fellow bloggers. I envy their creativity.



Big Thank You to Michelle. Stop by sometime and visit her bunnies: Sir Walter Harrington and Lady Hannah Goldenhare




Millie was out and about in the yard a few days ago. She always goes to the bushes in the back where I feed the birds and squirrels. While I was trying to talk her in to coming out from under the bush out of the corner of my eye I see a squirrel just a few feet away. Mr. Brushy Tail was sitting up and watching her like a hawk. He did NOT appreciate her proximity to his peanuts. I was concerned he might charge her but I should have known. Mille lunged at the squirrel. I caught her quickly and he fled in outrage and fear. What WAS this big white creature with the ticked off look on its face?


I was mowing a few hours later when something hit the top of my head. I looked up and a pecan nailed me in the forehead. Mr Brushy Tail was throwing green pecans at me. Yes, he was aiming at my head. Now I made sure he had food and water all through the summer and this is the gratitude I get? PFFT....Squirrels must be a lot like bunnies. I swear I heard him laughing.




Mills and Whoosh despise each other. Whoosh spends his nights finding ways to break out of his playpen and tussle with Millie Mouse. They both sport bite marks. The little stinkers. I have NEVER not been successful at bonding dammit! These two clowns will be the death of me.




As you can tell by the changes my favorite time of year has arrived. My pumpkins are out and so are my mums. Love me some Halloween. Let the ghost hunting and spookiness begin!




One of my fellow bloggers is going through a tough time right now. I am sending her a big ole hug and a reminder that sometimes despite our best intentions things dont work out like we hope. I cant say who she is but I want her to know I think about her everyday.




Everyone enjoy your weekend and the cool fall air.







11 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

What a lovely embroidery piece from Michelle!

I've had squirrels throwing nuts at me recently, I think it's just the time of year

veganelder said...

Great looking pumpkins!

Millie looks magnificent in that photo.

Think of the circulation workout the two bunnies are getting via tussling with each other. :-)

Squirrels do appear to have...a temper...a sense of humor...an ability to hold a grudge. Thank goodness they aren't more like humans. :-)

Carmen S. said...

How sweet of Michelle to send you that, how beautiful! Miss Millie is quite gorgeous herself and YAY for chasing off the squirrels, they have been here too raiding our walnut trees, hardly any nuts left now for us *sigh* I tried to bond my 2 when I got Snickerdoodle and it didn't work out either, Miss T just despises the very sight of him, no matter how hard he tried to win her over, she just can't stand him, LOL!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Glad you liked your pressie!
Millie is just too darn cute and I can see her charging the squirrel. Of course, I had to laugh about him throwing nuts at you! Little buggers!
xx, shell

Pat Wahler said...

Fall is such a beautiful time of year. You can't help but love it!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

RG said...

October is great here too - except for the bird-feeder raiding (you guessed it) Squirrels!

Sometimes things just go to crap. Everybody stay tough and do your best to carry on. Keep your wits about you and don't panic.

Pix said...

Good Morning Christina! Good for Millie, she is a feisty girl and knows how to take care of her bunny self :) We have acorns dropping from the Oaks and depending how far they have fallen and how big they are they can hurt when they hit. What a sweet gift to receive from Michelle.

Your Halloween pumpkins in your header make me smile.

Enjoy your Monday Christina!

Lisa said...

HAH!!! Millie showed that squirrel a thing or two. HHAHAHA. And then him pelting you? HAAHAHA can't stop giggling.

Sorry about Millie and Whoosh. Give them time, though. Millie and Haven seemed to have just "happened."

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sending best wishes to whomever.

Carolynn Anctil said...

The squirrel tale had me laughing. Would love to have had a front row seat for that!

I don't know which friend you're referring to, but I could use a hug, so I'm gonna take one too. Thank you. xoxo *grin*

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

That is too funny Christina!

Pix, I haven't been able to get on your blog anymore. It says I'm not invited! You still doing it? I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! We have been enjoying your blog! You have been linked to ours.

Love,
Nico, Piper, Tokki, and Ziggy
www.twobunnyblog.com