Monday, August 10, 2009

Mom worries A LOT!




Mom's can drive a bun crazy you know. When I came home from work Sat morning I noticed my little Dudley was limping and favoring a leg. I freaked out of course. I started calling all my bunny vets. I couldnt reach any of them! Why do they think they need a day off? I finally found a non-bunny vet that told me to bring him over. She said surely she could look at his leg and do an xray if needed. I rushed him over. She checked the leg and put him down to watch him. She saw no signs of broken bones. We think he may have jumped from a high place and hurt his little paw. He is confined to his playpen for a couple of days. He is showing no signs of pain and is eating and using the foot. If he still seems to be favoring that foot in a couple days we will be making a trip to the bunny vet. Everyone keep their fingers crossed that he will be okay.




Haven got his last penicilin injection last night. Once a week for 4 weeks. Lets hope my little bunny man wont need anymore. He still has about 2 weeks left on the Panacur but we are seeing much improvement in his weepy eye and mobility. Please say a little prayer for both my bunnies that things will be okay.




By the way, bunnies cannot EVER EVER EVER have oral doses of penicillin, only a sub-q. Just a little FYI.




3 comments:

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Hi Christina: Glad to hear your Dudley is doing better. I had to take our Bully to the vet last week...she wasn't eating or drinking and we both know that is NOT good for a bun. The vet gave her a shot (B12 and other things to get her system moving) and by that afternoon she was back to normal. Yes, us bunny moms do worry a lot :)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I light a candle for Dudley and his little paw.....

Carolynn Anctil said...

*sigh* They try us, don't they, these little bundles of love? If Dudley is anything like my Bunny, his curiosity probably got him into a wee bit of trouble somewhere. I do hope he recovers soon without need of any further vet visits. Give him a squeeze from us over here.