Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Dark and Stormy Night


Okay it wasnt stormy, just a light drizzle. You couldnt see the moon because of the cloud cover but......
This has been the week from hell but today was good. I actually got 6 hours of sleep. Me and Nemo watched LSU SPANK GEORGIA. Spent some extra time with my buns. Made Dudley buns a sandbox (his most favorite thing) and laughed while he did the Cha Cha in it and got to sit outside tonight burning my chiminea and listening to the rain. I love to smell the pinion burning. I couldnt concentrate on my book though. My mind kept wandering to the plans I have this month.
Next weekend Jake and I are going to Tulsa for a ghost hunt. What fun that will be. I get to see U2 in concert on the 18th. I cant wait! The garage sale for the rescue is coming up on the 24th and another ghost hunt on the 30th. Going to see the Dracula ballet on the 31st I think, I love the ballet. My friends know not to bother me too much this month. I have plans for every weekend.
I am daydreaming about fitting in time for a "me only" retreat to Eureka Springs. I usually go in October by myself for a couple of days. I always get the same cottage. It has french doors that open onto a balcony that looks out over the beautiful Ozarks that are bursting with color. I buy a pumpkin right away and carve it, set it out on the balcony and sit in the jacuzzi tub watching it flicker and make faces. I leave them open while I sleep and wake up feeling wonderful. Wander thru the shops downtown, eat lots of decadent desserts, get a couple of yummy cocktails and wander the halls of the haunted Crescent Hotel. Please God let me get to go.
Before I go to bed I will thank the fates for this day. I have a job and health insurance. My small little family is healthy. My bunnies are safe, warm, and well fed on this night. Tomorrow is my volunteer day at the rescue and I get to spend time with my other favorite buns. One day I will have my land in Arizona or New Mexico. My car runs. My Halloween decorations look awesome. I ate 2 bags of M&M's and drank a pot of coffee. I am lucky lucky lucky and very grateful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so envious of your upcoming trip to Eureka Springs. I have lovely memories of that area. Boy, talk about beautiful fall foliage! And Eureka Springs looks like a quaint little German village. Oh, would you please try to get pictures of the bunnies who 'work' in the gift shop there.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

OK, I'm in for Eureka Springs...that sounds heavenly!

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

I'm glad you're having a good day! Hope it continues for you! So, you're a ghosthunter, huh? That is something I've always wanted to do but I am the biggest chicken in the world. Maybe even worse than a chicken...maybe a chick. Or, possibly not even a part of the poultry family. More like a opossum...they're scared cats, right? Okay, okay. Enough with the animal metaphors...what's with that anyway? Have a great rest of your week! And definitely post about your ghost hunts! I'll make sure and read it during the day. =)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Christina said...

Mindy,
I will post about the ghosthunts. Cant call myself a ghosthunter, mostly just a tag-a-long. I get creeped out sometimes.

Rural Rambler said...

Christina you are heading for E. Springs! Have fun and enjoy. I want to go too. It was too dang hot in July. You inspire me to count my blessings!

RG said...

Sometimes it just needs M & Ms!

Andrea said...

No ghost hunting for me, thank you very much... but Eureka Springs sounds awesome. Yes, could you get some pictures of the storekeeper bunnies, pleeeeease? They are famous!
On a serious note: after a week of griping and whining about work and pretty much everything else, reading your post humbled me. I have to concentrate on the blessings in life instead of the, mostly so minor and trivial, problems. Life has been good to us, and as long as my family and my bunnies are healthy, I am blessed. Thank you for posting your thoughts!