Saturday, December 12, 2009

Santa Who? Whatever!


Not too sure Miss Mojo believes in Santa Claus. She should, Santa is magic.


The age old question, "Do you believe in Santa Claus?" I do I do I do.

I have seen Santa.




When I was 21 and lived in Natchitoches, La. A friend and I were Christmas shopping downtown. We were discussing our favorite Christmas memories. She asked me when I stopped believing. I was shocked and told her I never stopped believing. We kept walking and at the end of the block, in the window of an old store there was a man with a white beard, big chubby belly and red cheeks. He was making something with wood (a toy, I think). I said "Look Melaine, its Santa". He looked up at us and winked. His eyes twinkled and I will never forget his smile. It was Santa Claus, no doubt about it.
When I was a little girl Christmas Eve was always so special. We would go to church services, when we came home my mom would fix us a little snack and I would get the cookies and milk ready for Santa. My dad would read The Night Before Christmas. When he was done he would tell me I better get to bed because he heard on the radio Santa was close. One year we happened to be searching the night sky and saw a gorgeous falling star. My dad got so excited. "Look" "Look, there's Santa and he is going so fast all you can see are streaks in the sky". I was in awe and still am.
Of course we believe in Santa, Mojo.

6 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

That's enough to convince me!

Rural Rambler said...

No doubt about it Christina, I believe in Santa! Wonderful memory for you to hold close to your heart about your Dad, Santa and the falling star filled night *sigh*

Carmen S. said...

Mojo...if you believe in santa, he will spoil you rotten,lol, but even if you don't, I'm sure you'll still get spoiled rotten just for your good looks and adorability:)

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

The way I look at it, why NOT believe in Santa? It definitely makes for a much more magical season! And you know what? I've seen Santa too...really. And I wasn't even drinking at the time. Well, not much anyway. =)
Mojo - believe.
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

One of my cat's names is Mojo. He's the crazy Siamese.

I pretended I believed in Santa Claus for years because I didn't want to burst my parents' bubble, they were having so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I believe.