Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fatty Macfattersons from Fattyville. Is it Spring yet?


I dont know how much an elephant can eat in a day but I am thinking that I am pretty close to it. I will be so glad when this week is OVER. I am starting to resemble this photo. Now I want a big plate of rolls hot from the oven. My lovely friend Pix at http://waterloofarms.blogspot.com/ just made me hungry for bread now. Dammit. I cant keep eating like this.
I made fudge, candied pecans/walnuts, applesauce cake, they had treats at Heartland, treats at work besides the usual 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts that my co-worker Sean still brings every friday because he adores me. (ha, not really its a bribe to make me behave) My co-worker and friend Torri brings me a big plate of food every night like I am starving. (her family wont eat leftovers.....I am stunned) and my ass is starting to resemble a cannonball. My friend Jackie called a bit ago complaining that her kids gots jewelry for Christmas and her husband gave her a cast iron skillet. Now all I can think about is a big pan of cornbread. Hmmmm, cornbread/butter, a big pot of beans, fresh tomatoes from the garden. DAMMIT JIM! This has got to stop. This is just another reason why I hate the misery that is winter. I want to eat eat eat and sleep sleep sleep. (maybe I should have put up a photo of a bear instead) Oh, did I mention last night my neighbor brought over a big plate of leftover Bee Sting Cake and Cheesecake? I think it is a conspiracy and someone is trying to either kill me or fatten me up for a reenactment of the Donner party incident.
I NEED green! No, not salad. (although, I could go for a salad) I want warm weather, my flowers blooming and to sit on my patio and enjoy the sunshine. A mockingbird in my yard was just griping about the same thing this morning or he was startled to see an Orca wandering into the yard. It was a bit like the panic I saw at the rescue on Monday. I was leaning over a playpen cleaning our beautiful Athena when one of our volunteers crept up behind me and scared the ever livin shi* out of me when she said hello. I lost my balance for a sec and poor Thena probably thought a hippo was about to fall on her.
Brace yourselves, I have a lot to say all week.
By the way Austin came home from the hospital last night. His family held a belated Christmas for him. I am so glad that little one is better. Thanks for your thoughts, wishes and prayers for him.

8 comments:

Carmen S. said...

LOL, I can SOoooooo relate! What is it about winter time anyway, I do fine in the summer:( Now New Years is coming, then Valentines, THEN the big one...EASTER (candy) UGH!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

If I weren't gluten free I'd be joining you for sure. There is an incredible bakery within spitting distance of the the new warren, if I had one thing it would be all over...I've started looking at seeds and thinking about my garden.

Rural Rambler said...

Christina I am laughing so hard I sent CH out for Depends! Thank you for the shout out and link to my blahg! You are so wicked funny! This time of year is ALL about FOOD! I been bad too. The only thing that has saved me is that CH has been a sickie since Christmas Eve although he managed a miraculous recovery for Christmas day and then a relapse. Your food, Krispy Kreme I'm talkin about here plus all the other goodies you have mentioned-yum! Cornbread! You know that cornbread and homemade rolls are just an excuse to EAT BUTTER!

I need some green too. I am missing wine time under the Oaks and I am waiting for the lots you got to say this week!

I am so happy that Austin got to come home to a Christmas just for him :)

veganelder said...

Glad Austin is doing better. Athena said she had no fear whatsoever. :-)

Crafty Green Poet said...

I can so relate, it's been so cold here for most of December (though its warming up now) that I have eaten a lot more than normal. I think its natural though to eat more when its so cold...

Carolynn Anctil said...

I've avoided all holiday baked goods this season, refusing to make any myself and limiting myself to only one (or maybe two...) pieces of chocolate a day. I'm not a saint, believe me, I just decided I wasn't going to start that ball rolling this year. I also read The Frenchman the riot act about bringing potato chips into the house. It's like crack to me. If it's there, I'll eat it and then feel like crap afterward. I think I may have scared him a little bit. *smirk*

RG said...

OK - well - there is always tomorrow. Now - BRING ON THE CORN BREAD - and some honey.

Andrea said...

So glad that Austin is doing better!!!
I agree; I'm looking forward to spring myself. Oh, and if the bee sting cake happens to be "Bienenstich" from your German neighbor, I'll sacrifice myself to take it off your hands ... hehe ... My downfall these days will be a truly heavenly Kentucky Bourbon fudge, homemade by Trappist monks here in KY and given to me by Mary who doesn't seem to have any qualms loading an extra 20 pounds on my hippo hips!!!