Friday, February 11, 2011

What An Adventure

Slash Kicked Butt!
Gettin Old Bud!

For those of you who may not know I am a concert junkie! I have loved live music since my very first concert: Rick Springfield and Corey Hart. I was fourteen and convinced I was the coolest girl EVER! Been to a lot of country bands too. Not too much of a fan of "new" country but have seen tons of shows. I am sure I have seen well over a hundred bands including BB King (my brother's favorite and I have those memories of seeing Mr.B with him forever) and taking my mom to see Pavarotti. (now that i could have passed on but it was her birthday and she loves her some Pavarotti)

I took my nephew to his very first concert. He was 10 and we saw Three Doors Down and Saliva. He was fascinated and now plays guitar and is a music junkie too. Ozzy was quite the event for him. Never been a big Ozzy fan myself. He just wasnt my scene. He still isnt but I got a kick out of watching Jake and all the people there. Slash was terrific and I enjoyed that bunches. Man did the creeps come out of the woodwork. Some good, some funny, and some had to be checked.

We stayed at a really nice place within walking distance to the show. I have a very low tolerance of BS and as Jake says......"You always have something to say". Well, sometimes. I am all for fun and have a terrible potty mouth myself but there is a time and a place. We got on the hotel shuttle because it was so cold. Our little bus was full of drunk people in their 50's who dont realize the 70's are over. This "woman" on the bus proceeded to talk in a very loud voice and announced that she had a camera stuffed into her private parts except you can guess the words she was using to describe them. After the 4th time she said it, I had enough. I asked her very politely to chill out because I had a fifteen year old with me and then I stared her husband down daring him to say something. He didnt and she apologized several times. I cant believe I had to say something. What is wrong with people? Yuck!

On the way back from the show we almost got mugged. Now that was awesome. I will not allow anything to happen to my baby boy under any circumstances and let the guy know that I was NOT THAT ONE and to go on. The hotel called security when we made it into the lobby and the guy disappeared. I was really surprised at the things that went on. We stayed at a high end hotel but they must have been offering a "trashy people" discount.

None of that really matters. We had a ball. Jake loved every second of it and crashed the second we walked into the room. I am so glad that I can share things like that with him. His daddy loved music especially jazz and blues and Jake is a little rocker. He informed me "not to worry, I will still take you to stuff like that when your old". God bless him.

I missed my babies lots. One night away and I couldnt wait to get home for bunny kisses and snorgles.

Oh, Ozzy stayed in the same hotel as us. We didnt see him but loots of people did. I thought about running up and down the halls yelling "SHARON" but I refrained. These are pics from last night.

8 comments:

Carmen S. said...

LOL...I love how he yells "SHAAAAARRRR-ONNNNNNN" Thanks for the memories of Rick Springfield by the way, I was totally in love with that cutie, and he's still pretty good looking today even;) One of the things I love about you is how you speak your mind and GOOD FOR YOU for the woman on the bus AND the almost "mugger", he just had to find out who he was dealing with, LOL!!!! Glad you both had a fun time and made it home to the bunns:)

Christina said...

Carmen-if it would have been just me she could have said whatever she wanted and I would have ignored her but with Jake sitting there....people go too far nowadays and as far as the mugger....I was very nervous but again Jake was with me.

Rick Springfield was/is a doll. He was sooooo cute when I was about 13. LOL

Tracey said...

What a cool Aunt you are! and no worries he will return the favor when you are old...cute!!
I am a music freak too!!
Love me some classic rock and country. I like some of the new stuff, but most can't hold a candle to then old stuff!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Rock out and way to defend the nef.

Lisa said...

If you saw Rick Springfield when you were 14, you probably WERE the coolest girl EVER. I still wasn't allowed to go to the mall without a parent when i was 14. Did you happen to catch Rick Springfield on Californication for a few episodes???

You are the coolest aunt ever, and I think pretty badass. Show sounds awesome, and Jake is lucky to have an aunt who will do such fun stuff with him, AND doubles as a bodyguard. I wish I was a concert junkie, but unfortunately i don't go to to enough shows to be considered one. Living in new york, that is a travesty and a disgrace, i know.

Christina said...

Lisa-I dont know about badass. I just cant let stuff happen with Jake. You would be the same way if you were protecting your bunnies I think.

I had to beg and plead to go to my first concert. My parents were pretty strict. I am still not sure how I lucked out to go. I would love to see a show in a city like New York. That would be too cool.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Wow. Sounds like quite the adventure. I'm not much of a live concert person myself. I can't remember the last one I went to. It's really great that you have such a good relationship with your nephew. And, good for you for standing up and putting that woman in her place. Sad that something needed to be said.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh, you and I WOULD be friends if we lived near each other! Kurt and I love music and used to go to a lot of concerts. I'm not big on Ozzy either but I would have loved to go! I also like the old country better than the new country--the classics.

You almost got mugged. Wow, you really have to be careful nowadays. A young girl got kidnapped and killed here in Virginia when she went outside at a Metallica concert. Very sad. Glad you guys had fun and were safe. Very nice you took your nephew! He'll have memories forever about what a cool aunt he has.