I have been wanting to write for a bit about my favorite blogs and why I love them. I learn things, laugh, and find wonderful what nots and doodads sometimes. So in no particular order:
My friend Carolynn at http://aglowingember.blogspot.com/. I started following her blog a few years ago. She sees beauty in places others might not look. Her dream of giving up the city life and moving to a country cottage came true and the pictures are stunning. She lives there with her husband and 2 gorgeous catty kits. (along with a feral kitty, bears and other wildlife)
Rabbits Guy and Bunny Lady are one of the most fun http://houseofrabbits.blogspot.com/
9 house bunnies and 1 good Kitty Boy, their blog is just a wonderful tribute to the bunny good life. Stop by sometime and visit, then tell me which bunny looks like Walter Matthau and which bun reminds you of the opposite but twin to Groucho Marx.
Juliet at http://craftygreenpoet.blogspot.com/ is my green blogging friend from Scotland. Her blog is so pretty as well as educational for me. She takes students on nature walks and boy do I wish I could walk along with them.
Shell at http://theraspberryrabbits.blogspot.com/ also has two wonderful bunnies and a great blog. She is creative and just gives off a "good" kinda feeling. (I mean that I get a good feeling that she is good, ya know?)
Carmen at http://waxedoutcreativelife.blogspot.com/ is one of my most faithful followers. A terrific Grammy, she also has buns and a German Shepherd name of Kiah who is special needs. Carmen makes her own soaps and candles and I love to smell her blog. (ha ha, I really think I can smell it sometimes)
My Auntie Pix at (she isnt really my aunt but I have always felt a connection to Miz Pix and her place is Missou REE) http://sweetdaysundertheoaks.com/ Her eye for beauty is amazing. Her pictures never fail to take my breath away and her love of nature just bubbles all over her blog.
Jim at http://thebunlife.blogspot.com/. What can I say.....he is the most irreverent bunny blogger out there. Some folks get it and some folks dont. I got it right away. If you want to laugh your butt off at a blog read this one. He will try and convince you to take Baby Fwan though so look out and dont be fooled. He would fight crocodiles with his bare hands for his furry kids.
Vegan Elder at http://veganelder.blogspot.com/. He has a very individual take on life and animals. He and his wife share their home with a great bunny girl named Nessie Rae and 2 outstanding catty kits, Gracie and Bobby Ray. I dare you to stop by and read sometime. I know this blogger personally and NOBODY cares more for animals and the planet.
Bridget at http://heartofacowgirl.blogspot.com/. Her place in AZ is filled with love for animals and creating. 5 bonded buns, horse kids, a good kitty, 2 terrific dogs, chickens, goats...you name it. Bridget makes fantastic jewelry and her place is a safe haven for any creature in need.
Annette at http://dragonhouseofyuen.blogspot.com/ is another friend in Scotland (it is my destiny to visit one day) Annette creates bunnies and writes fun hare stories. She was one of the biggest cheerleaders for my Haven and I love her for it.
Nick at http://getnickt.blogspot.com/. I am always surprised when he stops by my blog. He is a published author and his blog is a little about everything. He has a new book out and comes up with some funny takes on politics and such.
Lisa at http://citybun.blogspot.com/ She is a great lady that lives in Queens with bunnies Sogna and Biffy. Lisa works her butt off and goes to law school. She is going to be one of those voices and defenders the world will need.
Debi at http://greenerpastures--acitygirlgoescountry.blogspot.com/ is a Jersey girl that found herself transplanted in West Virginia. She is trying to sell her place there and get back to Jersey. I crack up at Debi all the time.
Brian at http://theurbancowboy.net/ You will find a little of everything on his blog too. A gentle natured cowboy, he says what he thinks and has never deleted one of my snarky comments.
A few of the other blogs I always stop and visit are:
http://renorabbits.blogspot.com/
http://babette-rabette.blogspot.com/
http://theqipapers.blogspot.com/
http://bunnyman09.blogspot.com/
http://clovieboy.blogspot.com/
http://artinthewind.blogspot.com/
There have been some really great blogs out there that sadly the folks arent blogging anymore.
And last but always FIRST in my mind and heart:http://heartlandbunnyblog.blogspot.com/ and if you dont know why.......you havent been reading my blog. I assume I dont have to explain.
Thanks to all my blogging friends (even the ones I didnt mention here) You have shared your lives with me over the years. Taught me important lessons and cheered for me and the buns countless times.
15 comments:
Awww, your too sweet to mention my blog and yes, I like to think I'm as faithful as an old Golden retriever;) Sounds like some interesting blogs to visit, thanks for sharing them:D
It is with thanks that blogging brought me a friend in you. Life is wonderful when we surround ourselves with caring people. Each of these bloggers are a testament to that.
Hugs to you my friend! :)
What a nice idea to share your favorite blogs! Thanks for mentioning mine!
thanks for including me in this list!
Christina, I'd be honored to be your Auntie Pix! Thank you so much for including me in your list of some of your favorite blogs. It gives me a chance to thank you for all the new things I have learned from getting to know you and from reading Rabid Tidbits. And you know I love your sense of funny! I will be checking out these other blogs as they come recommended by someone I think so much of :)
As ever Christina, you did a masterful job. You've given me some great blogs to poke around on and my thanks to you. I'm honored and gratified you thought to include veganelder.
And...I'm with you...it all starts with the bunnies and their blog at Heartland. :-)
Wow, what a surprise to see me there. *grin* Thank you, for the lovely words.
I'm going to enjoy visiting your other choice picks!
xoxo
Carolynn
Aww, thanks so much to include us, Christina, we (buns and I) are truly flattered. I look forward to checking out all the blogs on your list that my computer will cooperate and allow me to view.
Oh no! Now I have more blogs to read! I don't read half as many books as I used to because I'm reading blogs and some of these sound really interesting!
Thanks for mentioning mine. What a great compliment that I sometimes crack you up. What more can I ask for than to bring a smile to someone's face?
BTW, it's regular Virginia, not West Virginia. Might as well be Mars though, lol.
Oh my, such grand company. We are so honored. (I think the bunns like it too - not sure about that though.)
Regular Virginia? Never heard of it...must be one of those US territories.
Some very fine choices, and wonderful people and buns on this list. How nice of you to point them out.
Christina, thanks for mentioning my blog (that I've been neglecting so much lately). In the time that I've been blogging, I have come to feel as though I know the folks who visit back and forth regularly. There are some really caring, creative,and expressive people out there and it's great to have a tool like the internet to be able to become part of their lives, learn from them, and share their lives. And, thank you for your!
Also known as Plain Ol' Virginia.
Christina I love to visit your blog and it has been a privilege to have met you online and your fur babies :)
You are welcome here in Scotland anytime!!! and I will pick you up from the airport :)
I was so touched to read 'the little things' brought a tear to my eyes :)
Post a Comment