Friday, December 16, 2011

Creatures Revealed



Yep two gray fox eating the nuts and bird seed. I have only seen them once and I have written to our local wildlife rehab to inquire about them. We live next to a very busy highway so if needed I will take the feeders down for a week or so. I dont want to see them get run over coming to eat. They are beautiful and apparently the gray fox is the only canid that will climb trees.



12 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

A fox that can climb trees? Incredible! They are so beautiful.
We have had red fox in our neighborhood before all the houses came. One day I was walking across the street and didn't have my contacts in. I saw what I thought was a puppy. I knelt down and said "here puppy, it's ok." Well it looked at me like I was a dorkwad and I then realized it was a red fox.

Christina said...

OH Shell, you made me laugh my butt off. "dorkwad" I love it. That happened to my aunt and a skunk. She thought it was a kitty but soon found out it wasnt. LOL

Carmen S. said...

Awww, how adorable! I would have never guesses, love the coloring!

Carmen S. said...

That should read *guessed*, lol, my brain in not working properly:)

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a lovely fox!

veganelder said...

I've read that many behavioral characteristics associated with foxes are more similar to cats than to dogs. Certainly they are amazingly handsome beings. Lucky you to have such visitors. :-)

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

The grey foxes are beautiful Christina. Those eyes are a little freaky out there!

RG said...

Here on San Juan Island there are quite a few wild foxes. Recently we were at a beach and park there and saw a sign that said "A fed fox is a dead fox." It took us quite awhile to figure it out because I had never heard of a fed fox before. red, yes. !

They sure are handsome - nice picture!

Also, I don't know that I have ever seen a road kill fox, so maybe they are smarter than the average possum.

Jade said...

I've seen a gray fox here before, although sightings are few and far between. That one is absolutely gorgeous!

Lisa Alto said...

I never heard of grey foxes before... Gorgeous!

Carolynn Anctil said...

They're beautiful! What is it about birdseed that wild animals seem to love? Must be a treat, or something. The deer keep coming to nibble at our birdfeeder, although we've only caught them in the act once.

bunnits said...

They are beautiful!! I love foxes. I seen them now and then on campus and Husband has photographed them on Redstone Arsenal. They are such interesting canids. Almost catlike in some of their movements and behavior.