Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Discovery

Above is a bunny I never knew. Haven before head tilt




My Haven




Today was another "aha" day for me. Our director sent me some pictures of Haven from 2005. They were pictures of Haven before head tilt struck him. I never met that Haven. I kept staring at them all day, trying to figure out the difference. Why the "old" Haven was so unfamiliar to me.








Then I got it. The "old" Haven had a touch of mistrust in his eyes. Probably put there by no telling what happened to him before he was dumped at a feed store for snake food the day our director found him.








My Haven trusted me completely. He had no choice. He was totally vulnerable and he knew it so he handed it over. I didnt have to earn it, he just gave it to me. It has forever humbled me in ways I cant describe. My little angel, struggling to get to his feet to greet me every morning and then when he really couldnt get to his feet anymore, still raising his sweet little head up to get a good look at me and then lick his front feet in response to my "how is my sunshine this morning?"




Not a bad day at all today, surely not a sad one. Haven was a gift from fate that allowed me to learn something very valuable. As long as you have breath and hope and 1 person that cares for you....you will NEVER be defeated. This post is dedicated to Hope. She was Haven's neighbor and for all the world his twin. Same size, same color and same tilty sweet head. Hope passed on right after I started volunteering at Heartland. I wish I could have given her a few more gifts.








Monday Mantra:





"Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love."




Morihei Ueshiba













7 comments:

bunnits said...

Oh, sweet Haven. You were both blessed to find each other.

Carmen S. said...

Oh Christina this brought tears to my eyes, what a sweet baby!! I have learned alot more from animals than any human on this earth, they truly are *angels*! Have a wonderful day my friend!!!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Seems we are both missing someBODY today. Haven and Hope-Heartland Rabbit Rescue. Thinking of you today Christina.

veganelder said...

Haven is surely missed.

RG said...

Haven gave as good as he got!!!

Christina said...

Thank you all. It is so wonderful and good therapy for me to read your comments and feel your support. I love talking about my past dear ones and reliving the good stuff. So many of you traveled along on Haven's journey with me. I love that!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

And yes..this is why we were brought together as friends. Your light shines so brightly. It takes special people to love special critters and those kind of people are the most special to me. :)
Precious, precious bunny. Tears...