Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Surprises All Around

Whoosh is not a lionhead...he is a "Mo Hair" bun cuz he has mo hair than I have ever seen. LOL




Surprises in the mail yesterday! Shell at http://theraspberryrabbits.blogspot.com/ sent me and the bun gang these wonderful gifts. Whoosh gave kisses to the stuffed bunny ornament before it went on the tree and was disappointed but felt better after his nana snack. Look at the precious card. Unexpected gifts are always the most fun! Thank you Shell for always being so kind.




I am not a crier, not really. I prefer to weep in private and hate bawling in front of others. Its just something I learned early on from my Dad (it wasnt really intentional on his part but we learn from our parents you know and gawd do I hate talking about my "feelings" yark) But sometimes things strike just right and boy do you just let it all hang out.




You have seen all the usual toy drives every year? The retail stores with their boxes out collecting for kids? I am just like most of the folks in America (and everywhere I suppose) living mostly paycheck to paycheck but always try to purchase a little something every year and put it in the box. We were always so lucky as kids at Christmas and I remember my Dad selling the few pitiful stocks his company gave him to buy us something nice. The excitement of my first "big girl" bike and my Dad grinning and saying "ride like the wind Chrissy" and did I ever.




As I walked past the box yesterday there was a BIG pink bike sitting there. I know that bike cost a lot more than any of the other toys in that box and the generosity of the person pleased me to no end. Not because bigger is better but maybe for a kid that never had a bike you know? The tag attached said "for a girl age 11 to 12....somebody had scrawled at the bottom....."ride like the wind"




I guess you can picture me walking around Wal Mart crying like an idiot. Oh man, that girl is going to love that bike. Unexpected gifts for her and for me...






16 comments:

Carmen S. said...

I just want to curl up with Whoosh and snuggle, lol! I love the bike story and I would have been bawling too (should have seen me reading cards in our walmart a couple wks ago looking for a birthday card for my son, LOL!)that is gonna be one lucky little girl:)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

There once was a little girl named Shell. Her parents were quite mean, abusive and very, very poor. Shell had many a Christmas with no presents at all, but for some reason it was ok as she always felt the most joy in giving to others. So on Christmas morning she would sit and watch with pure delighte as her parents opened the presents she gave from the money she earned raking leaves in the neighborhood. It was ok that she didn't get a gift in return as you see it was indeed the "ride like the wind feeling" and indeed it still is. It's all about the love that comes truly from the heart. ;)
Glad you liked your unexpected gift. I know I love mine!
Hugs and smooches to you and the fuzzies!

Christina said...

Shell children and animals are the most forgiving. Kick them, abuse them and dont show them any love and they will still try their best to please you. Thanks for sharing about the little girl named Shell. I wish I could have given her a little something as a child too. She proves that abuse and meaness does not have to be passed on to the next generation.

Christina said...

Carmen...some of those cards will really get ya and you are missing your family so much.

veganelder said...

Whoosh looks a little jauntier in each photo you post. Mo hair? Pretty good.

Will he be reunited with the stuffed bun after the holiday?

Christina said...

I do not believe so Glenn. It was handmade with love and Whoosh will eventually begin to nibble.....he will have to be content with his bear and his colorful monster.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Whoosh is so adorable, Mo Hair indeed!

Lovely story about the bike too

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

"Ride like the wind..." I can see you cryin' Christina and I'm right there with you!

Pix again said...

Dang! Clicked too soon! I love Whoosh's name. Mo Hair-laughing here!

Christina said...

CGP...made me glad!

Pix...Whoosh's hair is crazy. He is my punk rocker bun I think.

Juli L. said...

Well, I AM a crier and you surely did turn my spigot on with both stories: bike and Haven! You are a treasure, Christina.

Carolynn Anctil said...

What an awesome gift for some lucky girl! It's inspiring too - I'd hazard a guess, the giver got just as much out of the gift as the recipient will.

I love unexpected gifts - they ARE the best kind.

Christina said...

Juli-Thank you my friend and thanks for the cookie recipe.

Carolynn-I have no doubt they did.

Clovie Boy said...

Wow...that bike story really got to me too. Years ago my first husband and I were really struggling financially and one day my mother-in-law, whom I loved dearly, brought me a box of groceries for Christmas baking - flour, sugar, eggs, baking chocolate, etc. I will never forget that.

This year two of my co-workers and I pitched in and bought $100 Walmart gift cards anonymously for two young women we work with who are struggling. Gee that sure felt good! I hope when they opened their cards they felt the way I did when I got that box from my mother-in-law.

Jade said...

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when that lucky girl gets her bike.

Shell gifts are the bestest gifts, and I hope Whoosh gets to have that sweet ornament when it's done hanging on the tree. Everybunny needs somebunny to love. :)

Christina said...

Clovie boy....your MIL sounds like good people to me. Helping each other out is always a good feeling.

Jade-Shell is just the sweetest and nope afraid Whoosh Boosh wont be getting the little bunny, he has plenty of fuzzy stuffies to smooch though.