Beautiful Dreamer
I
I figured ole Whoosh was lonesome. Millie pretty much tried to kill him everyday. He met Mojo and Duds.....Mojo tried to kill him but Mom got between that in the nick of time....Whoosh has a scar.
Took Whoosh to the rescue Sunday. I had several girls in mind but not this girl. Not that she isn't wonderful, I just didn't consider her because she is ahem...a strong personality type. I was looking for a very timid bun girl or boy for Whoosh. Our director suggested that we try Darla. "Sure we can" I said. (thinking in my head, "that is so not going to happen")
Darla's back story:
Came to us from the animal shelter. A darling rex bunny used for breeding. She and her sister were attacked by the neighbor's dog. Shelter didn't want to mess with two injured bunnies. They called and said they were going to be put down that day. Our director went to get them and took them straight to the vet. Darla had bite marks in her dewlap and haunches. She would make it. Her sister was bitten through her spine. Sister left for the bridge shortly thereafter.
Back to current day:
I put Whoosh in a playpen first, then Darla. Pretty much love at first sight. No hostility, none. I had made plans to bring Whoosh back at least twice and wasn't going to take a bun home that day BUT I had to strike while the romance was hot. They stayed together all day yesterday but I separated them last night just to be safe. Whoosh was waiting at the gate this morning.
I cant get this girl satisfied with food. She is constantly looking for more. She took over Whoosh's tent, his food bowl, his blankie and his big stuffed creature. He doesn't seem to mind a bit. (I went and got another tent just in case) She is pushy for grooming. Loves her some head rubs and the best part? Now Whoosh comes for head rubs too. He has never asked me (or anyone I think) for a head rub.
They are in love.
21 comments:
Yay for true love! Sometimes the best matches are the most improbable ones. Congratulations to Whoosh and Darla! :D
what a lovely story! They look so happy together!
That just does my heart good. Can't think of anyone better to adopt my sponsor bun! I look at Darla in that pic of her and Whoosh on the blankie and that is my Nutmeg (minus the tattoo Nutty had in her left ear). I'm so glad that Darla is home. They are so sweet together and yes a little "odd" but love is strange like that. :)
What a beautiful love story! My Miss Truffles has always hated poor snickerdoodle from the day I brought him home, I know now I would have been much wiser to let her pick one out:) I wish them lots of happiness together:D
So very sweet! It always warms one's heart to see true love...there is nothing better than bunny love.
WOnderful!!! such a cute couple.
Ah, true love. This is wonderful. And I love those big ol' ears. Maybe that's what captured Whoosh's fancy. Those lovely, elegant ears.
Darla and Whoosh! Well Hoo-Ray! Whatever works :) I am humming!
Yippeeee!! She's beautiful! I'm so happy for both of them!
Thanks everyone...we are so happy for them.
What a happy story about these two very different but adorable bunnies. It's nice to read a happy story with so much sadness going on...
We had Benson and the Princess - an odd couple for sure too - love at first sight.
Wow. CONGRATULATIONS to you and to the new couple :) I've never seen a love at first sight bond actually happen, but ours was pretty close. About two weeks plus a car trip.
I am so happy for you
perfect and happy!! she is a beautiful girl :)
Wes ate non stop for months when I brought him home but now he just nibbles here and there when the mood takes him. (I mean, how big could a bunny really get? and he was all fur and no substance :)
They make an adorable couple! Sweet, sweet, sweet.
Which one is Felix? I relate to Felix...
Do you get them spayed?
Felix would surely be Whoosh Debi...Darla is Oscar all the way. She is a total slob.
They were spayed and neutered already at the rescue, we only adopt out spayed and neutered kids!
I figured that. I didn't know if it was the same for bunnies as it is for dogs and cats.
Wow amazing. I can related because my Gwennie hasnt liked any other boy I've had. I have to hold her. No idea what her past is as shes a rescue.. What a sweet little love story yours is!
That is so wonderful! I have a beautiful, 8 month old Mini Rex girl and she's loving (at times) and at others she wants to be left alone. LOL.
Sara
http://southerngirltalksmoney.blogspot.com/
http://iamtheonewiththecamera.blogspot.com/
That is so sweet. I am an animal rescuer too but not any bunnies yet but you never know. I just became a follower and I hope you will join me too. My blog is all about farm life, decorating, cooking, animals, and lots more. Hope to see you there!!
Post a Comment