Sunday, January 29, 2012

Monday Mantra




I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.






FRANK HERBERT

12 comments:

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Very true Christina! But I have some skeered going on sometimes ;)

veganelder said...

Uh, Frank wrote science fiction...right? :-)

Carmen S. said...

Love that beautiful blue eye:)Fear is a terrible thing and I am guilty of letting it run my life at times, I need to work on that:/

Christina said...

Morning Auntie Pix! I have some skeered sometimes too.

Indeed Glenn.....Dune writer

Carmen...looks to me like you handle life pretty darn good.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Fear is nothing more than something we allow our minds to create. Choose instead to create great things from your imagination and leave fear in the shadows where it should be. Let the light be your guide.
xx, shell

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Ok...I did it again...read the post below...dag! I'll be signing that song all night long!!!!!!!!!!! hee,hee,hee.

Christina said...

LOL Michelle.....that happens to me too.

RG said...

Well I like the mantra but if it has BIG teeth and claws, ... RUN LIKE HELL ...

I do believe that most of what makes us angry is fear and it is the kind of fear you write about there.

Christina said...

It could be RG for sure.

Big teeth and claws...I am not so worried about. More than 4 legs and no legs tend to make me the most nervous.

bunnits said...

I remember when I read Dune the first time going back and reading that passage over and over. Still, it doesn't help me with cockroaches.

Christina said...

LOL @ Bunnits...

Unknown said...

FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real ... Proceed While Being Afraid ... you'll come out on the other side.