Thanks everyone for all your wishes and prayers. Dudley is slowing coming back. Late last night he ate all his greens and is pooping like he is in a contest. He would not eat at the vet or poop so yesterday morning under heavy protest I took him home. I can do fluids and all the shots right here where he feels safe. When he saw Mojo immediately his mood lifted and he started running around. That seemed to get the pooper going. He is on baytril for the tooth infection. The molar was very ugly, long and growing into his cheek.
I am off to do subqs and give him his meds. Wish me luck because he is one pissed off bunny rabbit with mom. We are guarded but very pleased with his progress.
Thank you ALL so much. You are always the people that get me through this.
18 comments:
Awesome news! So glad to hear it.
Ahhh, wonderful news! I worried about him all day yesterday and am so glad to hear he is coming around:) will they remove the molar once the infection settles or file it down??
Thank you Carmen. The molar is long gone! The doc pulled it first thing monday morning while they had him under doing xrays!
Oh so glad Dudley is feeling better...We always cry when those first long-awaited poops start plopping out again, ha ha. Blockages and stasus are so so scarey. As are tooth issues. Poor little guy. I am so glad you were able to take him home and care for him there (we do the same and our vet knows better than to argue, ha ha so he always kindly sets us up with the shots/meds etc and knows we'll do it all well). We are dealing with adjusting to one of our little ones becoming crippled and it's been really hard. We'll light a candle for Dudley tonight and wish him a continued speedy recovery. XO Mandy and the buns.
Well I have been away and just got back. I'm soooooooooo glad he is doing better! Woo hoo! Glad the molar is gone too. Poor baby. I know that must have been painful. Sending lots of light and love your way!
xx
I can never poop at the vet clinic either ... but seriously, am so glad that the Duds is on the mend! And he'll forgive you. :-)
What a guy that Dudley is! Soooo glad he is doing well!
The Dudley rules (and so does his mom)!!
So glad to hear things are getting better--they always do so much better at home than at the vet's; home is where all the comforts and all the spoiling are. :)
Mr. Mick and I will continue thinking good thoughts for Dudley until he is completely recovered. :)
Good for Dudley! And you!
He is gorgeous...
Yay Duds! Good luck with all the Doctoring - not fun, even with a cooperator!
Alright Dudley! Glad he is doing better Christina. Still sending healing/recovery vibes his way.
Poor Dudley. I will continue to send him best wishes for speedy recovery. Glad that tooth is OUT and not making matters worse anymore. We had a pretty rough weekend too.
I would ask you to send him snuggles, but if I remember correctly, Dudley isn't that kind of bun. How about mindless banter/humming in a soothing-voice?
Phew! Keep getting better little Dudley!
Pissed off is good. It's apathy that should have you worrying. I'm glad to hear his little pooper is back in business.
so glad to hear Dudley is getting better! here's to a full recovery and great health!
Wesley is glad his molar is out - nothing worse than a pain in the mouth, or was it a pain in the ... - now what was that saying again?
sending love and kisses and keeping Dudley in our heart and thoughts xxx
Great news! Hugs to Dudley (and Dudley's nurse)
Maybe he needed something to read when he was at the vet's?
Glad he is on the mend. Both people and animals do so much better at home than the hospital. Luckily you have the skills to take care of him.
Post a Comment