Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cupcakes!

My friend Juliet at craftygreenpoet.blogspot.com sent me these darling little bird feeder cupcakes a few months ago. They come with seeds and you are supposed to add leftover cooking grease to the mix. I decided to go for peanut butter and add a touch of oats.

I am saving the other for winter. I normally don't feed the birds in summer (except for the hummingbirds) but I just couldn't resist trying one out. They are supposed to hang from a string but since they have little suction cups on the feet I decided to leave it in my arbor. Aren't they cute?

Stop by and visit her blog. She is a poet/writer, a teacher and an environmentalist. Her photos of Scotland just give me a thrill.

Thanks Juliet!

Anyone want to take bets on how fast the squirrels will destroy these?

9 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

you have a pretty garden Christina,I know I would have fun running around there watching the birds

veganelder said...

Those are interesting looking...what material are they made of?

Christina said...

They are kind of rubbery and flexible V! Not sure what they are made of.

Carolynn Anctil said...

The look yummy enough to eat! *grin*

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

That would be great to get rid of your grease instead of throwing it away.

I will check her out. Sounds interesting.

Pix said...

Christina those little feeties are darling! Love your arbor and bench!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Gorgeous garden. I know the birds will love their treat.

Unknown said...

Oops! You just reminded me I need to get my hummingbird feeders out! And I love the cupcake feeders ... very cute, very unique! Your home just looks Lovely. :-)

Nancy Furstinger said...

Love the cupcake feeders--bet the squirrels will just carry them off like they did with my suet feeder and bird feeder tube!