Thursday, February 25, 2010

I cant believe you said that!


Someone asked me why I named my blog Rabid Tidbits (as opposed to Rabbit Tidbits). Well, its because years ago a friend of mine looked at me and said "I cant believe you just said that, you just spew out rabid tidbits." I used to (mostly used to) have a really bad habit of saying whatever came to mind and I loved shocking people, lets face it, I still do.


Now I don't go around hurting people's feelings and I have mellowed out a bit over the years. Granted, I don't tolerate stupid things being said about my loved ones, especially my bunnies or my brother who is handicapped (or pc: disabled, sight challenged, whatever). If you take a poke at me, okay but DO NOT MESS WITH MY FAMILY. EVER. Reminds of the time this idiot guy told me he was going to steal one of my bunnies and make stew. I casually said "only if you can outrun a bullet, asshole". Maybe not the best response. I really have no sense of humor there. None.
I work with a crazy woman. She gives no thought to saying exactly what is on her mind. She is funny and street smart and a total train wreck. She makes me laugh my butt off. Her husband has his hands full.
We have a very shy courier that brings in our shipments from the airport. He is timid and sweet with scraggly hair and a beard. Very polite and we scare the hell out of him. We joke around with him a lot and he takes it with good humor and a smile. Last night he had on lipstick and eye shadow. He was dressed in his uniform and looked completely like his usual self except for the makeup. I attempted to look everywhere but right at him. I took our specimens from him, I tried looking at the top of his head. Please forgive the language below.
My coworker said in a very loud voice. "Are you wearing fucking makeup?"
Sigh,
Way to go Tori. I cant believe you freaking said that.

15 comments:

Lisa said...

I definitely don't tolerate that kind of offensiveness either, though I can be a bit snarky. Once one of my friends who likes to hunt said something about skinning and eating my bunny (he was my very first, and still a baby at the time) and I hit the wall and nearly ripped his throat out.

However, when my buns are bad, I do sometimes tell them I am going to send them away to be made soup out of :-x But it's all in fun and NO ONE talks about my buns like that but me!

Anonymous said...

So wait, I want to know what the courier said!!

Annette Tait said...

ha ha - I like your quips Christina! Life is too short to bottle it all up or worse - miss saying something to shut someone up who should never had made particular comments in the first place!
(especially regarding rabbits :)

Christina said...

He said not a word Puff, not a word. He acted like he didnt hear it.

Tracey said...

Cute picture :)
Keep us posted on the fella in makeup..LOL!!
Tracey

Rural Rambler said...

And Christina that is what I love about you. The soft sensitive caring part of you, the don't mess with me and my fam part of you and the wickedly wonderful funny part of you all mixed to together to make Christina one very wonderful person to know and get to know :)

Christina said...

Oh Pix, you are such a sweetie. You were a FIND! So much of the blogging is about ego, you are true blue. I dont have to look in your face to know it either. It comes off of you in waves.

Tracey said...

Christina,
In response to your comment about the Swamp on my blog post...actually I was referring to the Florida Gators football stadium which is nicknamed The Swamp....i was only able to use one word though...LOL :)
Tracey

Andrea said...

"DO NOT MESS WITH MY FAMILY. EVER." Amen, sister!

RG said...

There goes the neighborhood!

Charlotte said...

Yep, what is it with people that, when they find out you love rabbits, they have to tell you some 'amusing story' about rabbit pie etc etc - drives me mad.

Anonymous said...

Charlotte Cottontail, over the years in rescuing I have endured many such stories. It will probably sound too general of a statement, but I believe many of these people used to have a bunny, when they were a child. Bunnies are so easy to acquire and many of us had one when we were children. The belief still persists that bunnies don't live long - well, when put in a backyard they usually don't. I cannot tell you the many times a person has come up to me at a pet fair or similar event and told me with tears in her/his eyes of a pet bunny she had as a child. The stories are rarely ones with happy endings and they involve either witnessing the death of the bunny or finding the bunny afterwards. These tragedies that happen to us as children stick with us forever, in living color. I have come to the conclusion, albeit unscientific, that the 'rabbit pie' stories often come from people, who at a young age, had to deal with the loss of a pet bunny. Like you, I am weary of the countless insensitive comments and awful stories people feel compelled to share with me. I believe them making crude jokes and being insensitive towards those who love bunnies offers them a way to minimize the pain they felt when they lost a bunny they loved.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

I'm with you - mention rabbit stew and it's NOT gonna be pretty. Feelings are definitely gonna be hurt (and I'm not talking about mine!).
Have a great weekend, Christina. :)

Carmen S. said...

"RABBIT STEW" are very bad words!!!! LOL, about the make-up comment, that is called the " shock and awe" effect:)

Carolynn Anctil said...

I have a friend who says things I might think but would never say out loud. She always makes me laugh.

I think your response to the would-be bunny soup maker was brilliant. I'll have to remember that one. Mostly I ignore people who make stupid bunny/cat jokes. I know they're just trying to get a rise out of me, so I just give them my best "Oh, you're so sad" look.

I think the courier probably enjoys visiting your place of business more than any one of his other stops.

Thank you for your kindnesses this past week. I'm really doing quite well, other than an all pervasive fatigue. The reasons for that will be made more clear with tomorrow's post, I think.

Big Hug,
Carolynn