Monday, February 8, 2010

Who dat talkin bout beatin dem saints?

For those of you who dont watch football or dont care or cant figure out why I am posting this: patience please!
I grew up watching my dad, brothers, cousins and uncles watching LSU and the Saints play. The game last night was awesome! What a win for the Saints and for New Orleans. I have a special place in my heart for that city, always will.
For those of you that have never been, yes New Orleans is a city with a dark history but it is unlike any other city in the U.S. I swear even the sidewalks breathe. There is no place where the people are nicer, the food better, the music sweeter and football is religion.
Dear my darling brother Forrest;
It's the simple things that I miss talking to you about. I missed watching the game with you last night. BUT WE DID IT BABY! I hope where you are the beer was ice cold, the oysters were fresh and they have your favorite cigars! I could picture your face last night, watching the city and the team you loved take the glory.
Love you and miss you forever!
CONGRATULATIONS NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA AND THE SAINTS. WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

RG said...

Yup - a timely win!

But maybe next year the Seahawks???? (please?)

Christina said...

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for your Seahawks RG!

Carolynn Anctil said...

I'm a brand new football fan I always disliked the game because it was always stopping. The Pirate, a Cowboy's fan, took the time to explain the rules to me and it began to make a bit more sense to me.

New to the game, I chose The Saints for my team and cheered them to victory. It was pretty exciting when that one guy (don't know names yet) intercepted the ball and ran straight to the goal line. *smile*

Carolynn

Anonymous said...

I only saw the last quarter- but it was great fun. And the paragraph to your brother- makes it even better.