
Pic's arent the best quality.My nephew Jake played for the first time in public tonight. They did a talent show at the high school. His mom warned me when I got there that they wouldn't win, said the other band had the most popular kids and it wouldn't matter how they sounded. She was right. The other band made it into a big joke and won the trophy. Jake and his boys did awesome, they played a Metallica song and nailed it then walked away with nothing.
To say I was pretty ticked off was an understatement. I had a few things to say but tried hard not to embarrass Jake. Anyway, I was so proud to watch that kid tonight. I know his daddy was watching from above. WAY TO GO JAKOB! YOU AND THE BOYS WERE FANTASTIC!
12 comments:
it is best not to peak too early in your career anyway; keep on rockin', Jake.
That is too cool Jake. Congratulations on your first public performance!
Christina wonderful that you are close to your nephew and could be a proud Aunt! Congratulations to Jake and the Band, he has plenty of time to rock em!!!
popularity only lasts so long...
however -
talent lasts forever and will only improve ...
well done to Jake!! and his band :)
great of you to be there to support them Christina!
If they keep at it, I'm sure Jake & his band will have more to show for their efforts in the long run, than the band with the bigger ego. Good for them for showing up and putting on a good show.
Awww congrats Jake.
Yeah, high school talent shows mean the judging equals a popularity contest and I hope Jake and his friends know that and that it means nothing. Hopefully not everyone in the audience was there to kiss ass to the cool kids--if not, maybe Jake and his band gained some popularity out of it, I know it would go that way in my HS.
Either way, High School only lasts so long, although it feels like eternity when you're there. And then afterwards, suddenly, you're not just going to be assumed to be cool anymore just because you always were, and vice versa, because no one knows who you were in HS and those who do have come to realize it doesn't matter.
This post is really bringing me back there. Infuriating, really, but thank GOODNESS it's over!!! Hang in there Jake! lol
He and his band will be fine. I'm not sure being the "popular" ones in school really helps in the long run- unless that popularity is balanced with a heavy dose of common sense and kindness- those traits seem to come more easily to the not A-list crowd. Especially ones with fantastic aunts! (that being said, i'm sure it was very hard not to go all "mother lioness" on the silly judges...)
Metallica, right on!
Thanks everyone for your comments. They really were good. I am big time over protective of Jake, cant help myself. He is a nice well like kid. That's all that matters to me but I wanted them to have that big trophy for encouragment.
Hope Jake knows it's never about trophys.
Put it out there, do your best.
He does know Bunns, it bothered me more than him. 6 acts, 5 trophies, you should have seen their faces, especially when they KNEW they were better. I wanted to cry.
You know your nephew should be proud he didn't make a joke and played his heart out. One day he will look back and be proud at what he did (Especially if he is as big as Metallica who I have a feeling weren't the popular kids LOL!) And think of this, Chris Daughtry said the best thing that happened to him was loosing American Idol! I think your nephew will do well!
Post a Comment