Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby birds and Scottish Prizes


Nothing but mouths on these 3 babies. Momma Mockingbird picked a good spot to have her babies. My Mohave Firethorn is very secure from predators with its long angry thorns. I have been checking them daily because of all the bad weather we have been having in Ok. They are doing fine. Momma did not appreciate me this close and dive bombed my head. I had to hurry so the quality is not great.

Last week there was a knock on the door. My mail lady was standing there smiling.. "You got a package from Scotland!" She was excited too! I opened it to find all these wonderful things inside. Annette from http://dragonhouseofyuen.blogspot.com/
sent me a fantastic package. She made Haven a very special bed for tiltys. It is flat in the middle and has support rolls on either side. She made some very touching pillows in honor of Stewart and Nemo that will hang in Millie Mouse and Haven's area. We got wonderful cards for different occasions, some yummy bunny chews made from herbs and the pink balls are for treats, you bun folks have probably already seen them before. You put the treats inside and the bun has to roll them around to make the treats come out. How fun! We also got one of the famous stuffed buns she makes. Thank you so much Annette. It means so much to me.





My little smartie knew right what to do with his bed. He has a good view and support to watch the unflappable Miss Millie parade around the room.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I love your bunny pics!

That is some cool stuff you got in the mail!

Annette Tait said...

Christina it brings a few tears to my eyes to see Haven using his new rest - just have to tweak those support rolls for him when he needs it - but he is a very clever bun indeed! and looks so comfy on it.
Glad you liked everything!
and I'm glad I had a year to 'do it' in!! (only took me 6 months :)

Those baby birds look eager for a feed! Glad the mother has such a safe nest site and extra nest watcher too!

best wishes,
Annette, Arabella and Wesley xxx

Carolynn Anctil said...

How great is that?!? Haven is such a sweetheart. I love his new bed.

Friend of the Animals said...

Lots of great stuff, I'm jealous! I love Annette. She was a great help when I had the foster buns.

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

Ahhh...Haven looks like he is really loving the new digs. Happy bun.
:)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

RG said...

Awww .. not even the volcano can stop good deeds!


(good time for yesses to be the word verification!)

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh what a lovely set of gifts!

Rural Rambler said...

Very neat Christina! Haven looks like he really loves his new bed :) What a great idea. Miss Millie sounds entertaining :)

Lisa said...

Isn't Annette such a wonderful lady?? Keep you eyes peeled on ny blog and hers to see the AMAZING work she did recreating Biff and Sogna in purse form, so I can take them with me everywhere :)

I especially love the bed she made for Haven. She is so clever, and he is brilliant for figuring out exactly what it's for so quickly. He seems like a doll, Christina.

The Urban Cowboy said...

That's really sweet of Annette, and that bed is way cool. Have a great day, and watch out for dive bombing birds. :)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Love HAven's new bed, Annette is the best!

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award!

pey said...

I always know my friend Annette was a god sent and this proves it !

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Haven in his bed roll.. so sweet. Annette is a very talented bunny loving gal ~ we need more of her! :)