Millie certainly looks like she does.
Meet Millie: the newest addition to the bun household. My darling girl holds a very special spot in my heart. For those of you who visit Heartland's blog you may have seen her before. She has been at Heartland between 5 and 6 years until she came to live with us today.
My first day at Heartland I brought banana's for the bunnies. I reached in Millie's house to give her a piece and she promptly ripped my thumb open. I sent her a mental message right then: " You and I are gonna be good friends girl"
Quick background on Millie: She was found many years ago abandoned in a parking lot, while freezing rain was coming down. She was in a cardboard box with a broken back leg. Suspiciously, a daycare sat close by. My girl was cold, shivering and in terrible pain. Jeannie (that's our director at Heartland and bun champion) scooped her up and got her to a vet. After a delicate surgery to pin her leg and many cast changes her leg healed very nicely. Now, can you blame her for biting me?
Millie developed a very slight head tilt last year. Quick treatment cleared it right up. She is a beautiful bun and has settled down quite a bit. I look forward to spending time with her and spoiling her rotten.Haven is not to happy with her being in his room. He stared at her balefully from across the carpet this morning and thumped thumped thumped. Its okay Haven baby, it will be a while before you meet her face to face and no baby, she will not steal your green yummies.Say Hello to Millie AKA Millie Mouse, AKA Nilla Bean.
19 comments:
Yes she does....and is that lip gloss too!? Congratulations are in order, for you Christina and for Millie. What a wonderful life.
hiya millie! :)
Awwww. Of course rabbits have lips!!!
Nice to meet you, Millie, and congratulations to the whole RabidTidbits warren!!!
Haven will come around. Any chance of bonding? I mean, they have the whole head tilt thing as common ground...
She's beautiful! What a lovely addition to your bunn household:D
Lisa-I will attempt bonding most likely. It will be a very very slow process for Haven because he is so vunerable. For the moment they have to adjust to sharing a room.
Welcome dear Millie. What a gorgeous girl you are!
She is adorable. I don't know how people can treat animals so terribly. My cat was abused too when he was a kitten. He has a scar in his eye but he is the sweetest cat. Best of luck with her! My little girl said "She is the most BEAUTIFUL bunny ever" while jumping up and down and clapping.
welcome to beautiful Millie!! she is gorgeous Christina! and I bet she is over the moon to be in her forever home now, thank you for making room for her, in your heart and in your home :)
Welcome home, Millie! You hit the jackpot.
Hi there Millie, you're a lovely looking bunny!
Well Hello Millie you cutie! Of course bunnies have lips, right?! That top picture is cute and her lips crack me up! I am glad she is with you Christina and hope Haven feels that way soon too.
Lucky Millie to have a great new home! Nice to meet you.
Lx
Hooray for Millie, she is a lucky bun!
Yay Millie! She's a beautiful bun. And lucky to be the newest member of your family. Can't wait to read more about her. :)
She does look like she's wearing lipstick in that first photo. *grin* She's a lucky girl.
My first bunny was a holy terror. He growled & bit me, routinely drawing blood. I eventually called an animal psychologist I found in the phone book (yup...they really exist) and he told me it sounded like he'd lived in a family with kids and learned that if he behaved that way, he'd be left alone. He recommended I take him back. I was like "no way". He didn't deserve to be abandoned. It took a year and many tears of frustration before he would let me approach him. He never warmed to being picked up, but he would let me snuggle with him on the floor and he did the mating dance around my feet every morning. His name was Paco and was my first soul mate.
Big Hugs to you, Millie, Haven and the rest of your bunny family.
Carolynn
Millie! Welcome home!
She's a beautiful gal, Christina! And I have no doubt she'll settle in quickly and comfortably. I also bet that judging by the determined look on her little furry face she'll be ruling the roost in no time.
:)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com
I LOOOOOVE Millie Mouse!!! And I love it even more that she is with you and your family now. She will be spoiled rotten. It makes me so happy to see her so happy and content. She may pretend to disapprove (after all, you've got to keep up appearance), but I know she loves her new home!!!!
Congrats on the new bun!
Post a Comment