Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All Is Well

"That MY bed Millie, Auntie Annette made it for ME"
"She beautiful but she eats too much"

"Come here often sexy?"


Haven is doing well. His lungs are clear and this morning was his last dose of meds. Woohoo!!!!






I know he is happy about that. So am I! As his lungs began to clear last friday all hell broke loose. My baby went into Stasis. Most likely from the all the meds. No pooping. We did all the traditional methods. Nothing worked. Sunday morning I was on the phone leaving messages for the vet and emailing my contacts. I was a little crazed. I told my vet "I dont want to hear about gas drops, belly rubs and canned pumpkin, its not working. I want a friggin solution." "I will NOT lose another bun to this shit." I got some answers. I wont post them here. I dont want anyone doing things to their bunnies without the advice of a vet. HOWEVER, if you ever need to, email me. I will share but I will warn you, it is risky and one of the most scary things in the world.



Haven is pooping strong and feeling great. He is spending more time bopping around the room and pursuing Millie Mouse. When she returns to her house for litter box time, Haven will amble over and shut her door. That's right Jeannie! He shuts her door. It is the funniest thing ever.

12 comments:

Carmen S. said...

I'm so glad Haven is better:D Stasis is very scary, my Snickerdoodle has had a couple episodes that i thought were stasis but only lasted a day, I did the gas drops, massages and syringing him watered down baby food and luckily it passed both times, whew! If you get a chance, stop over to my waxedoutcreativelife.blogspot.com to see what I had almost give me a heart attack yesterday... Now I'll be out trying to round up all the wild bunnies, LOL!

Anonymous said...

He shuts her door?! No way!! Oh that is TOO funny!! I know you said that he likes to munch on his food plate at his leisure during the day and that he gets annoyed when Millie gobbles hers down and comes over to his plate and helps herself,.....but to shut her in her house....that's hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you bunny is feeling better...

I love the second picture...

Crafty Green Poet said...

glad Haven is feeling better! Lovely photos and how sweet that he shuts Millie's door

Annette Tait said...

So glad Haven has gotten rid of the bug Christina.
I see he has worked out how to get rid of the big bug too (at times! he just needs to learn how to lock the door!)
sending hugs and kisses to him and Millie and glad she is pre-warming his special bed for him, that's very thoughtful!

Rural Rambler said...

Haven I am so happy that you are feeling better little guy! Great news to start this day :)

Lisa said...

Christina, I'm sorry you and Haven have been through such an ordeal, but it is so wonderful to hear that it's over now and Haven came out OK!!

I can't believe how well Haven and Millie get along. That is wonderful Christina. You're so lucky! Shutting her door is pretty hilarious, but at least there's no fur flying!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Haven clearly has a heart of gold, a strong spirit and a devilish sense of humour! You are the best bunny advocate ever!

The Urban Cowboy said...

Good to hear all is well in bunny haven!

Christina said...

Thanks everyone.
Lisa-Dont be fooled by the pictures, they are no where near a bonded pair. Millie is your college roomate that ate all your food. There is no aggression between them tho. We are letting them do it in their time. No "official" bonding sessions. It may be because they are both older and more laid back.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Happy Dance! SOOOO glad to hear all is well. Haven is a little joker - shutting the door on her. That is great!

Friend of the Animals said...

Dang girl, what is up with the continued stasis?? Stop already, be done!

There, let's hope that worked.

So glad Haven is better.